Once Upon A Time- part one

Once upon a time, there was a princess who lived in a castle with her two older brothers, her mother, and her father. The princess was known throughout her kingdom for her beauty and her fascination with books, there was never a time the princess was seen without some sort of book in her hands.

Throughout the kingdom, many young men had tried to catch the affections of the beautiful princess, but she didn't even look up from her book at them.

The princess's father known as king Robert was worried for his only daughter, he was afraid that she would always be stuck in the world of books and not focus on reality or her royal duties of her kingdom but the king was also very aggravated at his daughter who always had her nose stuck in a book, because of this the king would always take away a book from the princess when he wanted her attention which aggravated the princess dearly.

The relationship between the princess and the king became strained but to begin with the princess and king weren't very close, the king was closer to his two sons than his daughter.

One day when the princess was in her private library she noticed that someone had placed new books on one of her bookshelves, this wasn't unnormal for the princess to find new book's on her bookshelves but she did notice that the books would always be her favorite category which was romance fantasy, this confused her because no one ever payed attention to what books she actually read. The princess picks out a book she's never read called "The Winner's Curse" and turns the book to it's back to read the summary.

"As a general's daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction."

The princess whispered the summary to herself as she then softly caressed the book's cover.

The princess takes the book and walks over to her window balcony and sits down and starts to read, at this moment no one could break her concentration or so anyone would think. A cup of sweet honey tea and a small jar of konpeito(a Japanese rock candy) was carefully placed in front of the princess, the princess pays no attention to the person and continues to read but carefully takes the tea in one hand and brings it up to her lips to take a sip. The princess smiles as this was her kind favorite tea with just the right amount of honey.

"I knew you would have chosen that book malady" The person chuckles which actually catches the princess's attention, The person's voice was low and somewhat charming to the princess's surprise. The princess for the first time ever lowers the book that was in front of her face and looks up at the person who was in front of her. Standing before the princess was a large man with shoulder-length black hair that looked a little shaggy but she could tell that was just his hairstyle.

He was wearing a uniform telling the princess that he was one of the many servants that worked at the castle but unlike most of the male servants he was incredibly handsome, the princess blushes softly as she stares at the man in front of her who hasn't noticed she was looking at him with sparkling eyes. The person calms down from his chuckling and notices the princess was staring at him making him blush, he wasn't expecting her to look up at him especially when she was reading.

"I-I'm sorry your highness, I didn't mean to disturb your reading," the person says bowing respectfully, "are you the one who picked out this book?" the princess says softly while not looking away from the man in front of her. The man stops bowing and looks up at the princess "Yes madam, I am in charge of choosing out your books" the person says softly. The princess smiles happily, finally knowing who the person was who knew her favorite book category. The person blushes seeing the princess's smile.

"May I know your name?" The princess says standing up in front of the man in front of her while still looking up at him because he was so tall, "Marcus Night" the man now known as Marcus says with a smile, The princess smiles now knowing the man's name "Marcus Night, what a mysterious name." The princess says with a soft chuckle making Marcus blush softly, like many of the men in the kingdom Marcus also was enchanted by the princess's beauty but he was lucky enough to work in the castle to see her every day even if she never noticed him until now.

"Princess, your tea is getting cold, would you like for me to bring another cup?" Marcus says trying to calm himself and not make a fool of himself. "Call me Lacey," The princess says with a smile "I-I can't your highness that's-", "I want you to," Lacey says interrupting Marcus. Marcus softly sighs and looks into the princess's eyes "Lacey" Marcus says blushing softly, Lacey blushes and looks down as she feels her heart beats faster. Lacey has only read about this feeling in books, she never thought she would actually experience it. "Your highness, the king would like to see you in the throne room," A maid says walking into the library "A-Ah yes thank you Dani, I'll be right there," Lacey says to the maid known as Dani, Dani then leaves to go do other tasks. "I have to go but I wish to talk to you again sometime Marcus," Lacey says looking up at Marcus with a smile, Marcus nods shyly and Lacey leaves to go to the throne room.

Lacey makes it to the throne room to see her two older brothers and her mother and father, "Wow, I thought we were going to be here all day waiting for her" Lacey's brother Chance remarks. Lacey lightly slaps her brother's arm making him face Lacey and grabs her cheeks and pinch them "ow ow ow ow ow!" Lacey wines as she grabs Chance's hands and tries to pull them away.

After a little while Chance, lets go of Lacey's cheeks and Lacey rubs them softly, "So why are we all here?" Lacey says softly "I called you all here today to discuss the future of this kingdom," King Robert says looking at all his children "Wouldn't you just discuss that with Cole since he is the oldest?" Chance says as he and Lacey look at their older brother Cole.

To Be Continued...