Once Upon A Time-Final Part

When Lacey and Tevi reach the ballroom they go separate ways, Tevi to her family on the dance floor and Lacey to her family on the first floor above the dance floor. Lacey avoids her brother's eyes that were filled with guilt and sorrow. "Are you ready Lacey?" King Robert says looking back at his daughter with a soft smile, "I'm ready" Lacey says returning the smile which surprised her father, Lacey barely smiled at him since they didn't always get along.

King Robert looks down at the subjects of his kingdom and even neighboring kingdoms from the first floor "Welcome everyone from our kingdom and to the neighboring kingdoms that have traveled all the way here. This ball was assembled to find a bride for the next king," The king says as people cheer. "But something has changed" the king says, making everyone grow quiet and look at him and Cole. "My oldest son has decided not to inherit the crown" the king says looking over at Cole before looking back at his people who let out gasps and looked shocked. "So will prince Chance be taking the crown of your highness?" Someone in the crowd asked and just as the king was about to reply Lacey walked forward "my brothers both expressed that they both wish to not take the crown" Lacey says looking down at the crowd of people in the ballroom, "Then does that mean You will be taking the crown your highness?" the same person askes "...Yes, I shall be taking that responsibility over from my brothers" Lacey announces, making everyone surprised even Tevi who was staring at Lacey from the crawled with shock.

For everyone in the kingdom and from neighboring kingdoms this was a surprise. Princess Lacey never showed any intention of taking the crown or even that she wanted to begin with. "B-But your high-", "silence" the king says interrupting a different person in the crowd "she will be your next queen so hold your tongue if you object her" the king says surprising Lacey, she thought her father would get mad at her for speaking out. "Y-yes, I'm sorry your highness" the person dows in forgiveness "you are forgiven and as of that let the ball begin" Lacey says with a smile making everyone else smile with her as music begins to play.

"Lacey I wish to speak with you for a moment" the king says as walking over a curtain that servants would go in and out of. Lacey follows her father behind the curtain and is surprised when her father pulls her into a big hug, "father?" Lacey askes confused "I am so proud of you, I know this isn't what you were thinking of your future being but You accepted that open heartedly for your brothers freedom." Lacey eyes start to water as she hugs her father back for the first time since she was a child. "I know how hard you've been working and how hard this is on you, so I've decided that if you must take the crown I will at least let you choose your husband," The king says, making Lacey pull back to look at her father. "D-Do you mean that?" Lacey says as tears slide down her cheeks "Yes but You must choose one, I know no man has caught your attention but-" "N-No I have" Lacey says interrupting her father while blushing softly, the king looks surprised since he knew his daughter wouldn't even pay attention to a man.

"Good for you Lacey" Her brother Cole says coming in from the curtain with Chance beside him. Chance hugs his sister happily for her, Lacey hugs Chance back "You better be a good mechanical engineer" Lacey says, making Cole and The King look shocked "That's what you wanted to be?" Cole laughs as Chance let's go of the hug and hits Cole in the arm. "I need to go meet someone," Lacey says before going over to the stairs and hurrying down them to the bottom floor. Lacey looks all around before she finds a certain waiter boy in a pure white suit. Lacey picks up the bottoms of her dress and walks over to him "Excuse me sir but could I bother you for a dance?" Lacey says looking up at the man who turns around to see her "Lac-Your highness?" Marcus says correcting himself because if anyone would have heard him call Lacey by her name something bad would happen. Lacey takes the tray of food out of Marcus' hands and puts it on the table next to them, Lacey then grabs both of Marcus' hands and leads him out to the outside balcony where they could dance and no one would interrupt them.

"Lacey I'm in the middle of work and what if someone sees us? Marcus says not wanting him or Lacey to get in trouble. "It'll be fine" Lacey says as she lays her hand on Marcus left shoulder, Marcus sighs with a chuckle "what am I going to do with you" Marcus says with a soft smile as he lays his left hand on Lacey's waist and pulls her closer so their body's where touching. Lacey blushes as she looks up into Marcus' eyes. Marcus carefully cups Lacey's cheek with his right hand while the other stays on her waist, Marcus softly lays his thumb on Lacey's bottom lip and glides across it gently. "Princess, you truly are beautiful in every way" Marcus says with a loving smile, "Marcus..." Lacey says getting lost into Marcus' eyes. Marcus slowly starts to lean forward as Lacey does the same. Lacey slowly closes her eyes as their lips touch.

Marcus slowly lets go of Lacey's waist with his left hand and takes her other cheek into his hand while deepening the kiss lovingly. Lacey smiles in the kiss happily as she kisses him back just as deeply. "Ooooh is this the lucky guy?" Tevi says from the curtain splitting off the ballroom and the balcony. Marcus and Lacey hurry and break the kiss hearing Tevi. "Tevi!" Lacey yells embarrassed with a light shade of pink across her cheeks, "Aw you two would make good babies together" Tevi teases making both Lacey and Marcus blush bright red "TEVITHA!" Lacey yells embarrassed "oop i'm in danger" Tevi says before running away. "I-I'm sorry your highness" Marcus says bowing in apology "W-Why are you apologizing for, A-And please lift your head" Lacey says looking at Marcus. Marcus lifts up his head but doesn't look into Lacey's eyes, "I kissed you even though I am only a servant" Marcus says with sadness in his eyes. Lacey wraps her arms around Marcus' waist and hugs him while looking up at him, "Y-Your highness!?" Marcus blushes. "To me you are more than just a servant, you are the person who stole my heart" Lacey says softly with a loving smile, Marcus blushes even more than he already was when hearing this. "B-But your Highness you-" Marcus tries to say but Lacey cuts him off "I love you Marcus" Lacey says as tears start to gather in her eyes, Marcus calms down seeing this and softly rubs her tears away with his hands. "I love you to Lacey" Marcus says before softly kissing Lacey lovingly, Lacey kisses back as she feels at peace in the arms of the man she loves.

Marcus slowly breaks the kiss after a little while, "Lacey what about your royal duties as the next queen,... You have to marry a man of your fathers choice" Marcus says not moving away from Lacey " I still have to marry but..." Lacey cuts herself off by blushing brightly and looking at the ground "But?" Marcus says confused. Lacey slowly looks back up at Marcus, "I-I get to choose my husband" Lacey says making Marcus blush softly, Marcus looks embarrassed but happy. "S-So will you m-marry me?" Lacey says looking back down at the ground while being too embarrassed to see the face Marcus was making.

Marcus chuckles, catching Lacey's attention and looks up at him. "Isn't that the prince's line in the story books" Marcus says chuckling with a smirk on his face. Lacey smiles happily and hugs Marcus tightly "I love you!" Lacey says and repeats cutely for a while before Marcus picks Lacey up and hugs her back. "I love you too my princess" Marcus says softly. 

And with that Marcus and Lacey got married after a year and started a beautiful family together. 

The end