Once Upon a Time-Part 2

"I've decided not to take the crown," Coles says looking at his two siblings that were staring at him shocked "What do you mean cole!? That would make me have to take the throne! I've already decided what I wanted to do with my life!" Chance yells scared he was going to have to take the throne making him have to give up his dream.

"So you really don't want to take the throne Chance?" King Robert says looking down at chance from his throne, Lacey grips the sides of her dress knowing what this meant, "Yes father, I do not want the crown..." Chance says looking down at the grown, He knows he was being selfish but he didn't want to give up his dream. "....I wish to know why you decided to give up the crown Cole," Lacey says with her bangs covering her eyes "......I met someone...and she can not be the queen of this kingdom," Cole says, not looking at his poor little sister whose fate was now sealed. ".....Chance?" Lacey says not changing her tone, chance says nothing as he can not face his little sister. "Lacey, as of now you are the next to take the crown. We will start your training when the sun rises tomorrow morning, you all are now dismissed." King Robert says standing up from his throne and leaves the throne room with the queen. "Lacey?" Cole says turning around to look at his little sister. Lacey says nothing and turns around and walks to her room.

Lacey flops down onto her bed and hugs her pillow tightly. Lacey never thought she would have to take the crown because Cole always wanted to take the crown for as long as she could remember. Lacey's whole future just changed before her eyes, Her dream to become an author, Her being able to pick who she wanted to marry, her freedom, all that was gone now. Tears slide down Lacey's cheeks as she holds back her cries when a knock on her door makes her jump. "C-come in," Lacey says as she sits up on her bed and wipes her cheeks from her tears. Marcus comes into the room with a tray of tea and a slice of strawberry cake "I thought the princess would like something to munch on before dinner" Marcus says as he walks over to Lacey only to notice she had been crying. Marcus sits down the tray on Lacey's nightstand table and softly takes Lacey's right cheek into his hand, "have you been crying?" Marcus says as he sits down on the bed next to her and softly rubs Lacey's cheek, Lacey blushes softly and stares up at Marcus.

Marcus blushes, realizing what he just did, Marcus was about to remove his hand when Lacey softly lays her hand on top of his and holds his hand there as she starts to cry again. "Lacey..." Marcus says as he softly pulls her into a hug without removing his hand from her cheek "...I'm going to become queen" Lacey says through her sobs making Marcus' eyes widen "b-but what about your brothers?" Marcus says knowing Lacey's fate "C-Cole fell in love with someone who can't be queen and c-chance didn't want to give up his dream." Lacey says crying as she bares her face into Marcus' shoulder. "But what about your dream...?" Marcus says holding Lacey tighter "I'll have to give it up..." Lacey holds Marcus tighter as she tries to get closer to him for comfort "I'm so sorry your highness..." Marcus says rubbing the back of Lacey's head softly.

Lacey slowly closes her eyes and enjoys Marcus' embrace. "Your highness," Marcus says softly "Lacey," Lacey says calmly making Marcus smile softly "Lacey," Marcus says which sounds like music to Lacey's ears "mmn?" Lacey hums in response, "I should get back before I get yelled at" Marcus says softly. Lacey sits up while letting go of the hug and smiles up at Marcus "Thank you for the tea and cake and for being here" Lacey says with a smile making Marcus smiles back and lets go of Lacey. Marcus gets off of Lacey's bed and stands up "If you need me, my lady, don't be afraid to holler" Marcus says as he takes Lacey's hand into his and softly kisses it, Lacey blushes and chuckles softly. Marcus then releases Lacey's hand and leaves the room. Lacey looks over at her nightstand and grabs the place that had the slice of cake and a fork and takes a bite. Lacey smiles as the taste of strawberry fills her taste buds, after Lacey finished her cake and tea she laid down onto her bed and hugged her pillow in replacement of Marcus, and fell asleep.