𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐-𝚖𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚕 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚢

words:243

you're sat in your house, waiting for your godmother (polly gray) to get home from a long night out.

you hear a knock on the door and think it must be polly. 'she must have forgotten her keys again' you think and get up to answer the door.

as you reach for the door handle, you hear voices outside and stop.

"excuse me, i'm looking for someone called elizabeth gray. i was told she lived here, at number 17. i came last night but nobody was here...so i waited." you hear an unfamiliar voice say.
polly's voice chimes in "what do you want with elizabeth gray?"
the. once speaks again "i think she might be my mother."

you hear keys drop to the hard concrete.
a moment later, the door is unlocked so you rush into the kitchen to make sure they know you haven't eavesdropped and you sit at the table.
~~~
10 minutes later, an unknown face walks into the kitchen.
"hello. i don't believe we've met. i'm michael gray."
you immediately recognise the voice. it's the unfamiliar voice from earlier.
"hello. i'm y/f/n. i'm polly's goddaughter. i live here."
"well, it's a pleasure to meet you y/n."

this boy seems nice. you gesture for him to sit so he pulls out the chair opposite you.
you and michael talk for a while until polly comes in and tells him to follow her.
he gets up and leaves.

——————————————————————————

i loved writing this one. i hope you like it too.❤️