Chapter 1 • My New Roommate!

Lucy's P.O.V

"Phew! I'm so glad to finally be able to walk around!" I say, stretching my arms as I breathe in the fresh, tropical Bahama air.

I'm over all the plane and taxi rides, thank goodness I'm finally here.

After a few more minutes of walking, I finally arrive. I look up to see the big words over the building: Sand & Corals Hotel

This is the place.

I walk through the motion-sensor doors and walk up to the man at the front desk.

"Hi, I'm Lucy Hear-- Harlot! I'm Lucy Harlot... I purchased a room online a few weeks ago?" Man... I really need to stop slipping up like that. I've been at this for over a month and I'm still not fully used to saying that.

The man at the desk looks up at me from the computer and then back down at it, placing his fingers over the keyboard, getting ready to type. "Ah, yes. Ms. Harlot. So, there is two people staying, yes?" he asks me as he looks back up at me.

"Oh, no, just me." I giggle.

"Are you sure?" He says.

"Hm?" I ask confused.

"It says here that the room is going to be holding two people. You and someone named Natsu Dragneel?" He asks, looking up at me curiously, as if he expects me to know who that is.

"Um... no. I don't know any Natsu. I just booked a room for myself a few weeks ago... I'll only be here for the summer." I say, feeling a growing concern in my gut.

"Uh... it says here that the room is going to be occupied by you and Mr. Dragneel. Oh my, this must be a mix-up... I am so sorry. We have been so booked lately, you were even lucky to get a room. Things have been kind of crazy around here lately and the rest of the rooms are occupied. I promise we will have a room for you to use in about a month. We are so terribly sorry for the mix-up. Do you want to get your money back?" He asks me with a genuinely sorry look on his face. I can't help but feel bad.

Oh geez... even if I got my money back, this is the only decent hotel I could afford... plus, I feel kind of bad...

Maybe I'll just have to deal with it.

"Well, that's okay! I'll make do with it. If he causes me any problems, I'll be sure to let you know. Okay?" I say, forcing a smile trying to be as nice as possible.

He looks up at me with a light in his eyes, "Oh really ma'am?? Thank you so much!! Okay, here is the key to your room. It's room 8 on the 15th floor." He drops the key into my hands.

I just keep trying to myself it'll be worth it since I made this guy's day.

"Thank you sir!" I say as I begin to walk towards the elevator.

"Have a nice stay." He says.

"Oh," I stop myself then turn around to ask him one more thing.

"Do you know how long this Natsu guy is staying?" I ask nervously but try to hide it.

"Uhh..." he looks back down at his computer and types something.

"It appears he's staying... for the rest of the summer."

"..."

You're kidding.

"Okay..." I continue my fake smile. "Thank you."

I turn around and enter the elevator. I push the 15th floor and stand at the back wall. Thankfully, there's no one else in here so they don't have to see my mini panic attack.