Creating An Atmosphere Of Faith In The Home.

3.Making the home a place for the rememberance of Allah.

The prophet (pbuh) said : The likeness of a house in which Allah is remembered and the house in which Allah is not remembered is that of living and dead, respectively.

We must make our homes place where Allah is remembered in all kinds of ways whether in our hearts, verbally, during prayers by reading Quran, by discussing Islamic issues, or by reading different kinds of islamic books.

How  many Muslim homes now a days are dead because there is no rememberance of Allah, as mentioned
in the hadeeth. What must they be like when all that is heard therein is the music of shaythaan with instruments  and singing, and backbiting, slander and gossip?

What must they be like when they are filled with evil and sin, such as the haraam mixing of sexes and unnecessary display between relatives who are not mahram or with neighbours who enter the home? How can angles enter a home like this?

Revive your homes woth all kind of dhikr, may Allah have mercy on you!

4.Make your homes a qiblah.

What it meant is taking the home as a place of worship.
   Allah says : And we inspired Moosa and his brother (saying) : Take dwelling for your people in Egypt, make your dwellings as a place for your worship , and perform al-salaah and give glad tidings to the believers.
                             (Al-Qur'aan 10:87)

Ibn Abbas (RA) said: They were commanded to take their dwellings as a place of prayer.

Sahaba (RA) used to be keen to pray at home apart from the fard or obligatory prayers (which they prayed in congregation in the mosque) and there is a moving story concerning this.

Mahmood ibn al Rabee Al-Ansaari reported that Utbaan bin Malik (RA) who was one of the companions of prophet Massenger (pbuh) and was one of the Ansaar who had been present at Badr came to Massenger of Allah (pbuh) and said: I am losing my sight, and I lead my people in prayer. When it rains, the valley between me and them gets flooded and I cannot get their moque to lead them in prayer. O Massenger of Allah I would like to come and pray in my house so that I can take it a place for prayer. The Massenger of Allah (pbuh) said, I will do that, in sha'a Allah.

Uthbaa said: The next day the Massenger of Allah (pbuh) asked for permission to enter, and I gave him permission. He did not sit down until he entered the house, then he said, where would you like me to pray in your house? I showed him a corner of the house, then the Massenger of Allah (pbuh) stood up, said the takbeer, and we stood in a row behind him, and he prayed two rakahs and gave the salam at the end of the prayer.
(Reported by al-Bukhari, al Fath 1/519)

5.Spiritual training for the members of household.
   Aai'shah (RA) said: Tha Massenger of Allah (pbuh) used to pray at night, and when he prayed with he would say, Get up and pray witr, O Aai'shah.
(Reported by Muslim, 6/23)

  The prophet (pbuh) said: May Allah have mercy on a man who gets up at night and prays, then he wakes up his wife to pray, and if she refuses he sprinkles water on her face.
(Reported by Ahmed and Abu Dawood. Saheeh al-jaami, 3488)

Encouraging the women of one's household to give charity is another means of increasing faith. This is something very important which the prophet (pbuh) encouraged , when he said, O women! Give in charity for I have seen that you form the majority of the inhabitants in Hell.
(Reported by al-Bukhari al-Faith 1/405)

One of the new ideas is to have a box at home for donations to the poor and needy. whatever is put in the box belongs to them, because it is their vessel in the Muslim home.