Prologue

"Snow will melt in the flames, and it will rise on another way." A blue-gray she-cat meowed. "Ths is all we can tell you, Leafpool." 

A brown tabby she-cat dipped her head. "Of course Bluestar. Thank you."

A grey tabby tom growled, "Are we supposed to tell the Clan?"

A gray she-cat with matted fur meowed, "Yes. But only tell Bramblestar and Squirrelflight, I guess."

The tabby tom flicked his tail in reply.

A white tom with yellow eyes meowed, "Do not announce it to the Clan immediately. You must wait until new apprentices have been mentored in ThunderClan, Jayfeather and Leafpool."

Jayfeather meowed irritably, "That's all very well Whitestorm, but what do apprentices have got to do with this?"

Jayfeather opened his mouth to say more, but Leafpool silenced him by slapping his mouth with her tail. Jayfeather glared at her and spat out fur furiously.

Bluestar's fur was ruffled, "One apprentice has got to do with this prophecy," she snapped. "She is the reason there is a prophecy!"

Leafpool nodded to the ThunderClan former leader respectfully. "So until there are new apprentices, we tell the Clan." she paused, giving her chest fur a few licks. "But we can't tell the other medicine cats, right?" 

A flame-coloured tom stepped forward. "Of course not," he meowed. "We won't want other Clans to know."

Jayfeather growled, "Fine. As you wish Firestar."

"Come back to us in the coming meeting," Yellowfang meowed. "And we will tell you more."

The stars swirled around them and the medicine cats headed back to the ThunderClan camp.

Snow will melt in the flames, and it will rise in another way... the stars whispered...