Chapter 1

Snowpaw looked around with Brightpaw, her sister. They were newly-apprenticed and they were excited as their mentors, Sorrelstripe and Hollytuft, had told them that they would explore the territory. She gave an excited little bounce and paddedout of camp with Hollytuft and Sorrelstripe. I will do the best! She thought with a determined look in her eyes.

They went outside and suddenly, a stench filled Snowpaw's nostrils. She flinched and jumped back, wrinkling her nose and meowed, "What was that? It's like toad dung or something disgusting!" 

Brightpaw asked, "Is that ShadowClan?" She curled her lip as if she smelled dirt.

Hollytuft meowed, "Correct! Good job Brightpaw!"

Brightpaw beamed, her chest swelling with pride. Snowpaw nudged her sister and purred, "You're doing great!" Brightpaw blushed at the praise. Snowpaw shouldered her sister affectionately.

{Time skip}

"This smells like fish! Is it RiverClan?" Snowpaw asked, her eyes shining with curiousity.

"That's right! You two are doing great!" Sorrelstripe meowed. "We've finished exploring the territory. You can rest and we will learn to hunt later at sunhigh."

{Time skip}

Snowpaw yawned. She and Brightpaw had been sleeping since they explored the territory. She patted her sister but she didn't wake up. She whispered in her ear, "Brightpaw it's time to go hunting." Her whiskers accidentally brushed Brightpaw's ear and Brightpaw immediately bounced up and meowed, "Badgers? Where?" Snowpaw meowed teasingly, "There are no badgers here, mouse-brain." She giggled and bounded off to their mentors.

They padded outside camp into the forest. They've reached a place where prey thrives. Sorrelstripe meowed, "We are going to learn the hunting crouch." 

Hollytuft instructed, "Sheathe your claws. Don't stick your tail out. Do not hunt in ferns. Your shadow will scare the prey away. Crouch down and put every paw step lightly. Remember, a mouse can feel your paw steps and a rabbit can hear your paw steps."

The mentors looked at their apprentices and smiled. They whispered, "You're ready. You can start hunting now." Snowpaw and Brightpaw nodded.

Snowpaw looked everywhere. Gotcha! She thought as she saw a plump, fat and slow mouse. She slowly crept towards the mouse. She pounced on it and buried it in her paws. The creature was trapped between the snowy white she-cat's paws but was still franticly trying to escape. She nipped it on the neck and it was finally still.

She caught some other prey, and took the buried prey in her jaws. She and Brightpaw each carried a lot of prey. They put it on the fresh-kill pile. 

Graystripe, Brackenfur, Cloudtail and Brightheart all praised them, and let them share their prey. She and Brightpaw beamed with pride. Snowpaw smiled, eyes shining with enthusiasm. She was on her way to being the best warrior ThunderClan has ever seen!