Chapter 5

Snowpaw slowly opened her eyes and saw that everything around her was peaceful. No burns, no panicked wails, no fire, no smoke. She sat up and saw that the place was filled with stars. A blue-gray she-cat padded towards her and she immediately recognized the scent. Bluestar! She thought and mewed, "Bluestar, am I dead?" Bluestar tilted her head to one side and Snowpaw quickly added, "I mean...I am in StarClan..." Bluestar purred, "No you're not. Your body is just recovering." Snowpaw stifled a sigh of relief. At least I'm not dead! Suddenly, the relief in her eyes vanished. "Whatever is bothering you?" Bluestar meowed gently. Snowpaw murmured, "It's...It's..." Bluestar rested her tail on Snowpaw's shoulder and meowed, "Don't worry. You can tell me" Snowpaw took a deep breath and murmured, "My kin...and my Clanmates...I hope are not too worried..." Bluestar meowed, "Don't worry. They are fine." Snowpaw semmed convinced. "When can I go back?" She asked with a hopeful glint in her eyes. Bluestar thought for a moment and finally answered, "If you stay in your nest and sleep for a while, then you may go back today." Snowpaw nodded and padded to her nest. 

{Time Skip]

Snowpaw felt whiskers brushing to her ear. She picked up the scent immediately and she was right. It was Bluestar. Bluestar murmured to her ear, "It's time to go back." Snowpaw stood up and nodded. Bluestar warned, "Be careful, when you wake up, you might feel pain, because you have some injuries from the fire. And you..." Her voice trailed off and just as Snowpaw opened her mouth to speak, wind rushed and slammed into her face, and stars brushed past her body. The glitter of the stars comforted her and she closed her mouth. She felt a pang of pain rising from her body then she knew she was back in ThunderClan. She opened her eyes but only found darkness. Panic flooded through Snowpaw. This can't be right! There must be something wrong! She thought and horror stabbed her mind as she realized that she was blind.