+ Chapter Twelve: A Step Closer +

──⭒❃.✮.❃⭒──
soobin's pov
──⭒❃.✮.❃⭒──

The Christmas event we went to is now done, and we are now cleaning and fixing the whole venue since it's quite a mess.

Beomgyu, Taehyun, together with Ryujin and Chaeryeong were cleaning the stage. Huening Kai was putting the toys, books, and props used back in the boxes together with Yuna. They both look awkward by the way. Of course. If I were Kai, I would probably be feeling awkward too.

Yeonjun hyung was carrying all the boxes, heavy tools back to the truck where Yeji was in putting labels on the boxes.

I however, was putting all the trash in the garbage bag. Lia was sweeping, so I kept on following her so that it wouldn't be hard for her to put the dust in the trash.

Then I picked up the most disgusting trash I've seen today. A diaper with baby's dirt. The disgust on my face was very visible, to the point that it made Lia laugh out loud.

"That is so disgusting." I grimaced, and she kept on laughing.

"Okay calm down now, we won't finish this if you keep on laughing." I chuckled. She smiled,
and nodded.

"You're a pretty responsible leader aren't you?" She asked. How does she know that I'm the leader?

"How can you tell that I'm the leader?" I asked.

"Well first and for most, I saw your profile because you guys volunteered for this program. Second of all, I just know. It's visible you know."

Then I remembered that she held my hand awhile ago when we just arrived. Then the question that's been bothering me a lot since we got here in New York popped up in my head. Who are they?

"Uh... Lia?" She gave her attention to me immediately.

"Yes?"

"I was just wondering... when and how did you guys end up here? I mean, you're Koreans right?" She looks away, and continues to sweep the floor while talking.

"Well yeah. We all are from Korea. Korean is our first language. When Yuna turned twelve, we were all... adopted? Yeah that's the word. And went here in New York. Yep."

Oh... okay. Now I get it, but wait.

"So you girls were orphans? Which orphanage were you all in?" She didn't look interested on talking about it, so I zipped my mouth. Or was it just because she doesn't know what to answer?

We were done cleaning, and me and the boys were about to leave. The girls said their goodbyes to us, but I called Lia

"Can we keep in touch? I want to know you more..." I told her with a smile on my face.

"Same Soobin. I want to know you more." She said that in a very weird tone.

"What's your phone number?" I asked.

"What?"

"Your phone number?" I lifted my phone showing it to her.

"Oh that... well... I don't have one." She smiled.

"W-What? You're in the 21st century and you don't have a phone?"

"Well I'm used to it. Nobody in our place uses phones anyway. We all communicate personally." What kind of place does she live in? But wait... didn't she say she lives here? In New York?

"O...kay. Fine. I'll go to your coffee shop everyday then. I really want to know you more."

Who are you Lia? Who are you five girls?

☆▪︎☆▪︎☆
You all are so adorable~
I really appreciate your comments T^T
Thank you so much!