Prologue

In the early days of the academy, bathed in the glow of fluorescent lights, two young yet remarkable boys, Owen Blackbourne and Sean Green, awaited patiently in their designated conference room

The room itself exuded an air of scholarly importance, adorned with shelves stacked high with textbooks and the faint scent of freshly sharpened pencils lingering in the air.

Owen, with his sharp features and piercing gaze, stood tall and resolute, a portrait of determination etched upon his youthful countenance. His attire, meticulously chosen, spoke volumes of his meticulous nature, every crease in his uniform ironed to perfection.

In stark contrast, Sean exuded a warmth and charm that seemed to radiate from his very being. With an easy smile gracing his lips and a twinkle of enthusiasm in his eyes, he brought an air of levity to the room, his presence a soothing balm to the tension that often permeated such gatherings.

Both boys had been taken in by the Academy at a tender age, their pasts shrouded in tragedy and loss.

Owen, orphaned at a young age due to a tragic car accident, had found solace in the structured environment of the Academy, channeling his grief into a relentless pursuit of excellence.

Meanwhile, Sean, inspired by the legacy of his parents, dreamed of one day becoming a renowned doctor, his innate talent in the medical field setting him apart from his peers.

Their partnership, though seemingly unlikely, was forged in the crucible of shared ambition and mutual respect. Despite their differences in temperament and approach, Owen and Sean shared a deep-rooted passion for making the world a better place, a shared aspiration that had brought them together to assemble their own team.

As they awaited the arrival of their newest recruit, the tension in the room was palpable, each moment stretching on like an eternity as they exchanged nervous glances and fidgeted with the folders clutched tightly in their hands.

Yet, amidst the anticipation and uncertainty, there was an undeniable sense of camaraderie, a silent understanding that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, bound by a shared purpose and an unbreakable bond.

As the door swung open, Owen and Sean rose to their feet with a sense of anticipation, their eyes trained on the figure entering the room.

Tall and enigmatic, the girl commanded attention despite her youth, her confident stride belying the wisdom that seemed to emanate from her piercing gaze.

"Hello," she greeted, extending her hand to Owen before settling into her seat at the table.

"Nice to meet you, Miss. I'm Owen Blackbourne, though I prefer Mr. Blackbourne," Owen declared with a hint of formality, drawing a bemused expression from the girl and a muffled chuckle from Sean.

Undeterred by the slight awkwardness, Owen continued. "Will that be an issue?"

The girl waved off his concerns with a casual gesture. "No, it's just uncommon to encounter someone so young with such formal preferences. My name is Amelié Noir. Pleasure to meet you," she replied, her words carrying a heavy French accent that hinted at her heritage.

Sean, ever the congenial presence, introduced himself with a warm smile, prompting Amelié to consider their proposition with a thoughtful gaze.

"Oui, I have," she affirmed, her gaze flickering between Owen and Sean. "Your records are impressive, especially for individuals close to my age."

"So, what's your answer?" Owen inquired earnestly, his tone reflecting the gravity of the moment.

"Oui, on one condition," Amelié replied, her demeanor unwavering. "Promise me that no matter the disagreements or conflicts, we'll always find our way back to each other. From this moment forward, we're family."

"We promise," the two boys chorused in unison, their sincerity evident in the solemnity of their voices.

A soft smile graced Amelié's lips, her stoic facade melting away as she embraced them both, enveloping them in a warm embrace that spoke volumes of the bond they had forged in that fleeting moment.

"We're going to be the best of friends, I just know it," she whispered, her words suffused with genuine warmth and optimism as they embraced the promise of their newfound friendship.