Chapter 15 - The Party

WARNING! Spicy Chapter!

---

The two other Vampires seemed just as shocked as Luke, and the human worked to collect his thoughts to decide what kind of 'partner' Nicholas was referring to.

Did he mean dance partners since they were at a party? Or did he mean...That kind of partner?

    "Now wait just a minute!" Frederick stormed up.

    Nicholas looked immensely amused as he watched the man puff in outrage.

    It was the red head who deescalated the situation. "Oh Nicky, you really shouldn't tease like that."

"Sorry, I couldn't help it." The Archduke chuckled.

    Greer snorted. "Well I certainly didn't find it amusing."

    Luke's free hand was snatched up as Frederick yanked his ward away from the Archduke's grasp. "I'm sorry, but I'd appreciate it if you'd showed some decorum!"

    Nicholas was unbothered by the man's harsh tone. "Yes, my apologies. The truth is, I figured since Luke doesn't have much of a social circle, I'd introduce him to a few of my own friends."

    "As your 'partner'? Without his Master's consent?"

"Alright, I'll admit I went too far with that."

    "And what is this?" Frederick waved his hand at the surrounding guests. "You made it sound like you wanted to talk alone."

    "Oh, did I?" Nicholas tilted his head. "I thought I made it clear on the invitation that this was a Ball. Didn't you read the back?"

    Frederick paused in thought, then cleared his throat awkwardly. "I must have misread that part."

    Luke couldn't help the nervous chuckle that escaped. The only time he saw the invitation himself was when his Master told him it arrived.

    "Look, we've clearly gotten off on the wrong foot." Nicholas turned his full attention on Frederick. "If you'd like, we can speak privately on the matter at a later date. In the meantime, I invited you here so you could have fun. Luke looked like he'd been stressed lately so I figured this would help him loosen up."

His Master shot a look towards Luke and the human shuffled his feet. "Thank you for the consideration."

Since this was a formal party, Luke figured he might as well try and act the part he was dressed for, so he went to bow towards the Archduke only for Nicholas to stop him.

    "No need for such formality. We're friends after all."

    The red head clapped her hands, drawing attention to herself. "Yes, that's correct. Speaking of friends, how about you introduce us? Properly this time."

    "Of course." Nicholas waved a hand towards her. "This is Duchess Elizabeth Bennett from Steamworks."

    The Duchess curtsied politely. "Pleasure to meet you."

    "And I'm Archduke Greer Wainwright of the Saxony Territory." The blond introduced himself with an eyeroll. "We met the other night."

    His Master put a tense hand on Luke's shoulder. "I am Frederick Shaw, and this is my ward, Luke Shaw."

    The human tried not to react at the fake names. He had never needed to be formally introduced to anyone before, but it was probably part of his Master's survival plan to give false information.