16.

Luke, Reggie and Alex were in the garage to practice.
"Look, we add the echoes during the chorus, then when Julie comes in with the melody, it's gonna sound perfect" Said Luke.
All the boys nodded.

Y/n was in front of the garage when saw Willie.
"Willie? What are you doing here? Are you spying on them?"
He was nervous.
"I wish I could explain, y/n, but I can't"
"Wait. That's not good enough. I mean, you've been acting weird ever since Caleb's club last night. You are hurting Alex, you know? He thought you had fun together"
"I'm sorry, maybe we never should've met"
She gasped.
"Willie, what are you saying? I see the way you look at Alex, I know you love him... What's the problem?"
"I can't tell you"
"Wait... It's Caleb, right?"
He bit his lip.
"I have to go"
"Tell me what he did"
"Nothing" And disappeared.

Alex was frustrated and couldn't concentrate.
"Alex, you are all right?" Asked Luke
"Yeah. Yeah, yeah, why?"
Reggie looked at him.
"It's for Willie? I know it's tough, man. People say you never forget your first ghost. Maybe it's true"
Luke nodded and smiled, thinking about y/n.
"Yeah, you think it's all perfect because you care, and when something happens, you get hurt..."
Reggie looked at Luke.
"Dude, that doesn't help. I'm sure there will be others ghosts"
"Yeah, thanks, Reg"
"And, Alex, you're a great drummer and a great guy, ok? I wouldn't let all that stuff get in between you and what you love"
"I don't know, man. Sometimes a little fire can make things better on stage. Like you and y/n"
Luke looked at him and blushed.
"Uh, wha... What is that supposed to mean?"
Reggie and Alex chuckled.
"Come on. Everyone can see the way you look at her when you sing. Before a performance you give her small kisses on her head or grab her hands. You guys ooze chemistry since the first day"
"You should never say "ooze" again, but, yeah, I agree"
Luke put his guitar down.
"Ok, no. We felt something, I know, and we care about each other, but I don't think it will work. Maybe I was wrong. Today Joshua was flirting with her, was obvious that she wants stay with him"
Alex looked at him.
"You are so stupid"

Reggie giggled.
"Girls, am I right?"
"Yeah"
"No" Said Alex and y/n, who appeared in front of them in that instant.
Everybody looked at her.
"Y/n... You shouldn't be in school?" Asked Luke
"After what happened with Joshua, I saw that you were upset and after hearing you say that I want stay with him, I needed to clarify the situation"
She went closer to him and took his hand.
"Trust me, Luke. Between Joshua and me, there is nothing, I don't like him. I want to hang out with you, because you make me happy and I love stay with you"
He scratched the back of his neck.
"Really?"
"Yes, little stupid. Now, do you still want hang out with me?"
He smiled and left a small kiss on her head.
"Of course"
The boys smiled seeing them. Luke took y/n hand and they both disappeared.

They walked by the seaside.
"So, you told me that you wanted to show me something"
He smiled.
"Uhm yeah, I... I wrote a song, for you"
She blushed as he scratched the back of his neck.
"Really?"
"Yes, is not so much but..."
"Luke, to me is more than you could ever imagine. Thanks"
He smiled and his guitar appeared in his hands, so he started to play.

(The song is Unsaid Emily but instead of being dedicated to Emily, it is dedicate to y/n)

When the song ended, he went close to her and she blushed.
"This song is amazing"
"I know that sometimes we are mad at each other, but we also protect each other. Y/n... Since day one I felt a connection between us, and I realized something... I-"
But a jolt hit him.
"Ah!"
She looked at him, worried.
"It's the second time. Can you explain me what's going on?"
He looked at her.
"Nothing, really. Maybe it's the anxiety for tonight. It's better if we go or we will be late"
Y/n looked at him. She didn't believe at his words, he had never been anxious for a performance.