Chapter 12

Q returned the greeting with a simple nod then a compliment to the venue, though his tone exuded sarcasm.

"I'm glad you approve"

At closer inspection, it wasn't the middle man, of the three men in front of him, who was speaking. It was a much cleaner looking man walking from the back of the warehouse towards the front.

"You won't mind if I search you? Common procedure." The man replied. He seemed the type you would have gotten along well with within the workplace. Evidently, he would have been a mastermind behind the friendly facade he shows to the outside world.

With a slight nod, the three men began to search Q and took his belongings. They all wore an all black suit with a silver belt buckle - stereotypical body guard outfit.

The man wore a white shirt, a dark brown tie and murky green jumper, combined with a grey suit - not the usual attire for the people MI6 usually bring in. The mans hair was slit back into a slight quiff. It was dark grey; darker than the suit he wore.

"My name is Penrith. And you are Arthur Williams, Quartermaster for your beloved M.. I..6... " the last word was said with a grin that almost froze Q's spine. Q stood in shock for a moment. No one knew his real name, not even James knew it. Even M didn't. He had gotten his name and records erased before joining the agency...

So how did he know it?

"You know an awful lot for someone with a green jumper on" Q smirked.

Penrith didn't know whether to be offended or amused at the statement. He was surprised at the level of immaturity from the agent, but found it refreshing.

"You seem awfully childish for someone working for MI6" this developed a mutual smirk of dislike for the other, though Penrith didn't actually dislike the curly haired male.

Penrith began walking towards the back of the warehouse, his guards making sure Q followed behind them.

"I have been expecting you since I took James... I must say I am quite disappointed it took you this long to track him down. M must be disgusted by your relationship, even if they don't say it aloud. Afterall, workplace relationships are against the contracts you both signed." Although given the intuition this would be brought up, considering Penrith seemed to know an awful lot about him, hearing those words made his blood boil and skin crawl.

Q was led through a hallway at the back of the warehouse. It was modernly designed; shiny white panelled walls with tropical fish tanks along the centre. The scent of ginseng and sandalwood travelled from the room they were headed to, down the hallway but was confronted and defeated by the musky, damp smell of the large warehouse.

At the end of the hall, the lift was in a rounded shape; unusual for the shape of a lift. It remained deadly silent as one of the guards pressed the button to take them all down.