T R E E

I instantly growled and looked Lucas dead in the eyes. He pushed me harder against the wall but I didn't waver.

Stray was a nickname I had gotten on the streets. I didn't really love it but I also didn't have any hate against it but Lucas, Lucas used it as a reminder of where I came from. What I was. Because let's not lie, I truly was a Stray. I belonged no where, no one truly loved me.

And that hurt. A lot.

"Fuck. off."

I eventually said, remembering the Principal words. He grinned at me before pushing me even harder against the wall and responding with a low voice.

"You know, if you could just disappear it would save a lot of people the trouble."

"Yeah? What about you huh? Seems like you have some daddy issues and im sure even mommy couldn't care less."

His eyes darkened but I knew he would not trow the first punch. Not with so many people around.

"If I see you caussing trouble aga-"

I pushed myself of the wall with little to no effort and finished his phrase.

"Yeah yeah I get it, gonna cry to daddy and shit. I get it. Now if you would excuse me I think I need to go to class ehj? It would be a shame to be late."

I started walking to class and Bellamy was right by my side. It may seem rude that they didn't do anything but they knew. They knew that I needed to fight my own battles and If it got out of hand they were there. That's what mattered to me.

"You good?" He asked

"Yeah why wouldn't I be? Its just Lucas, I'm used to it. The kid is all bark but no bite."

He laughed at that and the rest of the day eventually passed. I walked the long way back to my dorm and decided to use my skatebord next time because it would be faster. It was a gift from my last foster home.

I shuddered at the thought of them. If only I hadn't gotten so attached, maybe then I wouldn't have fucked up that bad. I scoffed at my own thoughts. I was never good enough, never did things right. Why would that ever change?

I was brought back from my thoughts when a little dog jumped in front of me. I stopped just in time and he began jumping up my leg. It was a Bernese Mountain dog. He was young, at that age they where just a little ball of fur.

I looked up searching for the owner. I looked all around me but couldn't find anyone. They're was just an old man smoking against his car and a young lady reading on a bench.

I looked back to the little pup who was sitting at my feet looking with pleading eyes.

I then shook my head and began walking away

"I'm sorry pup but your not my problem. Go find your owner."

The ball of fur followed me to my dorm. And I groaned loudly. He kept whining so I took him in my arms. The little shit began licking my face and I resisted the urge to drop him. Then I smelled him.

Yeah I smelled him because I needed to know if he had a home. Couldn't put an adopted pup in a dog center now could I?

The pup smelt like trash and wet grass. Absolutely no trace of human contact. Guess the little guy really didn't have a home.

Great, now I was stuck with a little dog. As if my life wasn't already complicated. I took him up to my dorm room and gave him some water. 
I then searched for some meat in my mini fridge and gave it to him. I took a blanket and made something he could use as bed.

The pup was already asleep so I took my clothes off and changed in my wolf.

I didn't like changing in the woods. My clothes always got wet and dirty but the main reason was because I didn't like people seeing my scars. They made me feel weak, like I could have fought back. They told stories I did not want to remember or explain.

After checking that the pup was still sound asleep, I left my room and took the back door that led directly to the woods.

The doors weren't really hard to close and open if you knew how to do it. Most of the doors were even automatic so with some exercise it was easy.

I ran around a bit, did my usual tour around the woods. I even killed a bunny but I wasn't hungry so I decided to give him to Bellamy.

After some time I heard the other's running in my direction. The first one coming was Noah. Noah was already 19 but he was the one that did his year again.

Noah was closely followed by Bellamy and Benjamin. And the last one were the youngest, Aaron with age 15 and Kian, 14 years old.

The only one not here was the younger brother of Benjamin, Elliot who was 16.

Bellamy ate his bunny with a thankful nod. He probably didn't want to eat the fluffy bunny but he knew it meant something to my wolf so he did it without complain. When he was done, without saying more than a bark, I took off. I heard the other's follow and we chased each other. We jumped over fallen trees and pushed to be first. I remained in front but when I heard some paws behind me slow I let them be first. This way they could easily choose the speed they were comfortable with.

We ran a bit more but I felt a burn inside me. It was painful and before I knew it I was coughing. Hard.

The other's stopped and came towards me. This coughing happened a lot when I smoked a bit too much. It was just my wolf trying to heal my lungs. I didn't like them seeing me like this. I didn't show or have a lot of weaknesses, but this was one of them.

After some more coughing It was finally over and I could breath again. But Bellamy was already in my face.

"Rafe! Come on man! You really need to stop smoking! Don't you see what it does to you?!"

I growled at that. Of course I could see what it did to me. I wasn't blind, I just didn't care. It was a simple escape from life. Easy to reach when I felt bad and the cigarettes didn't need something from me. They were just there to help, not judge. But otherwise I was truly addicted.

Bellamy ignored my warning and came closer. Our noses were almost touching.

"Dont you dare growl at me Rafe."

Deep inside me I knew Bellamy cared and was just concerned. I really tried to believe him, to keep my demons from making my decisions. It.....it was just so hard. So I growled louder.

I was just about to show him not to get involved with my personal life when I heard something hit the ground and some barking in the distance. I tilled my head in the sky and sniffed some more.

I then looked at the wolves around me but they were all arguing. They didn't hear the sounds it seems. It really wasn't that much of a shocker.   Always being on guard is not easy, especially when there wasn't a direct reason to be.

After a last look at Bellamy confused eyes, I took off in the direction of the sounds at full speed.

------

I was actually gonna make this chapter longer but im scared Im gonna make it waaaaay too long so they will meet in the next chap. 👀