C.6

"You're a little scary sometimes, you know that?...Brilliant but scary." Ronald weasley
•    •
•    •
•    •

Now returned to the orphanage, the two children knew they had a very limited time frame to get their plans done. They needed to somehow kill Marvolo Gaunt, get rid of his son, Morffin Gaunt, by framing him for the murder and not get caught before the end of their second year.

Harlene was a great witch in her life and by all means did Irene have the potential to become an even better witch. However, the Imperius curse wasn't going to come from her just yet. And definitely not nearly strong enough to fool a fully matured wizard if she could even manage one.

So it really only left one option which was, if you think about it, compulsion charms. If they could compel Morffin to hate Marvolo, which shouldn't be too hard considering he had to watch how the man treated Merope growing up, murder him and admit to the crime, it would immediately be a closed case.

Even if they couldn't compel him and they had to kill him, she knew that her and Tom wouldn't be the main suspects for the murder. After all, how was a 11 year old orphan child in a muggle orphanage supposed to find their magical grandfather and murder him for a spot as the Gaunt Heir?

Yes, the trip to Gringotts could actually be pit against them but the children were polite enough to the goblins for their silence and if not, she could pay them hush money if she really had to.

Goblins were all about their gold, after all.

"Tom, We'll have to compel your uncle to murder your father then admit to the crime publicly so he can be locked up in Azkaban. You'll be named heir immediately." She didn't want to leave him out after all, they were a team. Bonnie and Clyde-without the dying part, of course. He glanced at her, amused. "And how exactly are we to learn compulsion charms, Milady?" He asked, mocking laughter clear in his tone.

He knew she had something up her sleeve but teasing her was much too fun to pass up.

She rolled her eyes, getting up from her position at his side and walking over to her trunk without a word. Tom tilted his head in curiosity. After digging around a little, she hummed as she found what she was looking for. A rather large thick book called Dark Deception by Amanda Parkinson was held in her hands as she settled back at his side with a sigh.

"This. It should have a couple of ways to preform a compulsion and tweak it to your desires. It might also include some dark and probably illegal charms as well. All your cup of tea." She said with a smile after she watched him sit straighter with interest after she said the word dark.

"I can see it?" He asked already reaching his hand out; she would say yes, she never denied him knowledge that wasn't personal to her. His thoughts were proven correct when she held the book out. It was placed in his hands lightly, almost making him drop it in surprise. It was a heavier book then it looked.

While he was thinking on the topic of personal knowledge, he realized he never asked how she knew Diagon alley with such familiarity. "Also, have you been to Diagon Alley before? You seemed to know where everything was. Down to the very shelf a book was on." Her eyes widened as she looked at him before a soft smile took over her lips, "Yes, a lifetime ago." It was softly whispered with tenderness that seemed to contradict everything she was inside.

He knew she was a volatile storm on a war path despite her sweet innocent looks. He could see it in her eyes, only because he saw the same in his own. Would he finally be learning what made her that way?