Chapter Seven

The office Arnuv brought us to was small. And we weren't alone when we got inside. Another young woman sat behind a neatly organized desk that looked as if a speck of dust had never touched it. She eyed us with a certain inquisitorial gaze I couldn't quite place.

Arnuv held his arm out in greeting between us. "Sadie, Jasper, this is Vivian. She'll be the realtor for your new home, she's helped us finagle all the rough details to work this out for your transfer."

I gave Vivian a small smile and wave to which she returned with a polite nod. Jasper gave her a quick hello and sat down in a chair, pulling me down with him.

Arnuv sat down next to Vivian who pulled out a binder of paperwork. "You guys made it just in time. Was it a long drive?"

"Yes, but it'll be worth it, I'm sure." Jasper replied. I was grateful he spoke up; I wasn't sure I'd be able to though I knew I'd have to at some point. This was after all because of my new job with Arnuv, they'd want to hear from me more than they would Jasper.

Arnuv smiled proudly at me. "If what Carly has said about, Sadie here, then I have no doubt in my mind that it will be more than worth it."

I blushed. Hearing praise was never a specialty of mine. "I hope it will."

Vivian seemed to feel my nervousness. "You can relax Sadie, I've worked with Arnuv before, the house is beautiful and I'm sure you'll do well at the pharmaceutical company with him." Her kind words shaved off some of the tension that had built within the room. "Having a recommendation from someone like Carly Robinson really says something. She wouldn't have recommended you to Arnuv if you weren't capable. You have to believe in yourself."

Jasper reached for my hand and squeezed. I glanced over at him. "She's right. Just believe in yourself, you won't be alone in this. We're all here to support you."

"Absolutely!" Arnuv clapped his hands, reaching for mine and I reluctantly let go of Jasper's to let him hold my hands. "We've been watching you for a long time Sadie, I can't think of anyone more capable or deserving to work with us than you."

"That's, well that's just very nice of you." I told him and I meant it. "I do have a question for you before we do the paperwork for the house."

He relaxed in his chair, straightening his tie. "Of course, what would you like to know?"

"I really should know this, and I've probably been told a million times already, but my mind is seriously blanking right now. Can you tell me what the name of the company I'm agreeing to work for is?"

The entire room burst into laughter, including myself. It had hit me just as we walked in that I couldn't remember the name of the company. I had barely remembered Arnuv's name. At least I remembered that correctly and didn't make a fool of myself during our first meeting. There'd be plenty of time later on to make a fool of myself, knowing me, it would be within the first week.

Jasper bet me ten bucks that I wouldn't make a fool of myself. I bet twenty that I would. We'd see who the winner of the bet would be soon enough.

"It's alright, I'm sure the nerves are getting to you, but Vivian here is right, you'll do well and there's no need to be nervous. But yes, the name of the company is Zivaquin. And I am proud to say I came up with that after I met my lovely wife many years ago. She was also quite happy to have a company named after her."