Chapter Ten

The next morning, I was still wiping the crud from my eyes as Carly drove to Zivaquin. I wasn't to start yet; my first official day was a week away but Carly wanted to leave for Rosenwood shortly after noon, so we were here early to say hi. Well Carly was going to say hi, the way I was going I'd only be giving snores as a greeting much to her dismay.

"Sadie!" She slapped my arm and I jolted in my seat from the contact. "Wake up, girl."

I yawned. Between talk of us, I think there were only about four hours of sleep total. It hadn't been the great night as we watched two movies before we'd even felt the first itch of sleep. Carly had slept soundly on the other hand though; she could sleep through anything and a group of giggly women was nothing to her.

"Carly, you know I'm not a morning person. I would have thought you'd gather that charming piece of information by this point."

She laughed as she drove. "Oh I gathered it, honey, but I don't care. We're almost there, I have to leave to go back home today but still have a couple of things I would like to get done first. Seeing Arnuv is one of those things."

"How'd you meet him?"

"Various pharmaceutical conferences along with some biology classes at the school. We'd both taken turns going to the others' school. We learned tons of information we wouldn't have otherwise. You're in good hands with him, Sadie, he'll take care of you. If anyone annoys you or you get a weird vibe from them, let him know and he'll address the issue right away. He doesn't stand for any kind of harassment. Always involved with his work, doesn't let others do it for him. He may own the place, but he still works like everyone else." She smiled as we pulled into a drive.

Zivaquin glowed in neon purple lights in the foggy morning. The building behind the sign was huge. I didn't think a corporation could have one of their 'smaller branches' as Arnuv called it, be this massive. It was almost as big as Fenway park and I had thought that place was the biggest thing I'd ever seen in person. I stood corrected.

We weren't even out of the car before we heard Arnuv across the parking lot.

"Carly! Sadie!" he stood in a white button-down shirt, arms jutting out to their full extent on either side of him. The smile he wore was contagious even for someone like me who hated mornings.

"Arnuv, hello!" Carly squealed as she pulled him into a warm hug.

It was clear the two were still friends despite the distance between them. It laid a locket of promise in my heart that I'd always have a connection with her along with Brittany and Leia. I didn't want to lose my friends and if these two could be this way after years apart, I knew I'd be fine. After all, all I had to do was look at what happened with Jasper and me when he'd been gone for a couple of years. We hadn't talked but when he came back, it was as if he'd never left and now, we had a house together and were engaged to be married. It was crazy, but it worked.

When they pulled away, Arnuv smiled warmly at me. "Sadie, it is so nice to see you again." He said it like it had been longer than three days since he'd last seen me. "How do you find your house? Good, do you like it? Do we need to find something else for you guys?"

I hugged him to silence him. "It's perfect, Mr. Patel. The house is perfect, you couldn't have found us a more perfect house. We love it, I can definitely see a future for us there."

"That's good." He clasped his hands together. "But do call me Arnuv, Sadie. At ZivaQuin we are friends and partners, not boss and employees. We're a team, no one is to be on their own here. Well, unless you prefer to work alone, I will not make you suffer working with someone else. Everyone shall be accommodated if the request is within reason. Do you have any special requests of me before I show you guys around?"