Chapter Eight

We weren't married yet but that didn't prevent Jasper from carrying me over the threshold of our new home. When he'd scooped me up bridal style, I had yelped to the point him and my parents were laughing. Once I knew he wasn't going to drop me, I laughed as well and let him carry me into the house.

Once inside, the beauty of the house captivated me. There were hardwood floors everywhere, a peach color on the wall that we'd have to change later on but for now they'd do. We could see down the hall towards the kitchen where gorgeous dark appliances awaited us along with a exquisite marble countertop. All of the cupboards were a dark cherry wood.

Jasper set me down in the kitchen and then we were off running throughout the house, behind each other, pointing out various things we liked about the house. I saw a balcony and noticed we could see right into the pool and the huge yard beyond it. I couldn't wait to have a fire out there one night.

Jasper noticed the large master bathroom and gave me a wink when I rushed for the jetted tub. I gave him a stern look that he only laughed at. There was no way we were going to talk about that when my parents were here with us.

The thought of my parents was the only thing that got me out of the bathtub. We found them by the pool in some chairs that they had carried in. They smiled when they saw us.

"You guys like it?"

I knelt down and hugged my mom. She gasped slightly in surprise but melted quickly into the hug. "We love it. And it's all ours, I cannot believe this is my house!"

"You deserve it, honey." She told me as her hand found the back of my head and gave it a loving pat. "You've worked so hard for all of this and I know you'll continue to work hard to keep it. You deserve this, Sadie!" she glanced over my head. "You too, Jasper, you deserve it too. I'm proud of you both. This house is beautiful and couldn't have more deserving owners."

I hadn't realized I was crying until I saw a tear drip from my face and land on my mother's shoulder. "I got a tear on you."

She pulled back and laughed. "Considering the things that you've gotten on me over the years, honey, I'll take a tear. Especially if it's a happy tear."

"It is."

"That's the only tears I want to see on your face." She told me. She then looked between us and my father. "Now, how about we get something to eat and then unload some things. We've got a week here, might as well be well fed before we unpack. We've got plenty of time for that. We may be helping you two move, but this is also a Florida vacation I've been dreaming of for years. Let's enjoy it a bit, shall we?"

The pizza we had delivered was delicious. We sat around the pool again, paper plates with paper cups of soda and greasy pizza, it felt like a high school study session. Jasper seemed to be reminiscing the same as I was. Our eyes linked and he nodded. Yup, we were on the same wavelength.

Our feet dipped into the pool water as we ate and talked. The sun had fully set now, but we did have to unload a little bit so that we could all sleep comfortably after the long journey we'd just taken.

We managed to pull out both of the mattresses along with some pillows and blankets and placed them on the living room floor. None of us had the energy to move the mattresses or anything up the stairs. The initial burst of energy Jasper and I had when we first walked into the house was long gone. We were exhausted now.