17-Choice

PROJECT LMSW💡
Chapter 17: Choice

PAOLO's POV

"ANO BA! SABI NG BITAW!"
The hallway where we are walking was filled with Agnes' agonizing squeals and cry.

"BITIWAN NIYO AKO! PAT!"
I patted her shoulder and shrugged.

"That's enough,Agnes."
Agnes stopped walking and stared at me in disgrace, knowing of that expression shown by her face, all I can do is to show my empathy.
Nothing more.

In front of me was Miguel, dwelling with his growing anxiety, and I knew that at this moment he's starting to think that this is all his fault. I never expected that all of the things will come down to this.
I mean, me and Migs being arrested by the Ground Zero officials?
In fact, last night I fantasized about us nine, embracing the warm welcome and gratefulness of the Sin Brillo's people because we succeeded in this project.

I scoffed because of my own stupidity.

"Pao." My attention was caught by Migs who was sitting beside me, we're now heading to the Ground Zero's headquarters.

"San nila tayo dadalhin? Alam mo ba? Anong gagawin nila sa'tin?—

"Migs, compose yourself. Obviously they'll find a way to keep us silent." I roamed my gaze around the vehicle.

"They might play some tricks on us again
or worse, they want us dead."

"C'mon Pao! Wag mo akong takutin ng ganyan!" I pursed my lips when Keifer interfered.

"I'm just answering Miguel's question, Keif. Sa mga oras na 'to we need to be direct to the point, there's no time for alibis and excuses."
I returned my gaze at the vehicle's window and sighed.

The moment we reached the headquarters, a familiar figure of a lady made me stopped from walking.

"Migs" I mumbled.

The Officers kept on pushing us to move forward but our feet were glued in our position.

It can't be.

She can't be here.

"Excuse me officers, but I think my twins needs some disciplinary action." She bluntly said.

••••

"WERE YOU TOTALLY OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" Echoes of her loud yell filled the room.
Migs and I were separated from the rest because of our mom.

"M-mom" I turned my gaze at Miguel.

"I-it's not what you think—

"THEN WHAT?! THE LAST TIME I CHECK MIGUEL, YOU PREFERRED TO JOIN THOSE DUMB*SSES THAN TO STAY IN OUR HOUSE!"

I crumpled my fist because of what she said.
This woman never failed to annoy me.

"MA, ILLEGAL NA ANG GAWAIN NG GROUND ZERO! PAANO NIYO PINAPALAMPAS 'YON?"

"I DON'T CARE! IF IT'S ILLEGAL OR NOT!"
Miguel took a seat in disbelief.

"Sons, Look. Hindi tayo dapat mangialam! As long as The Ground Zero will pay us, we should keep our mouth shut!"

"Paano mo nasasabi 'yan, ma? Si Papa, si Lolo, all of our ancestors founded the Ground Zero!"

"SHUT UP MIGUEL! Baka natatandaan mo? Since your father died, Si Neville ang pumalit na Director dahil wala sa inyong dalawa ang gustong tumanggap ng posisyon! AND NOW WHAT? YOU'RE ACTING LIKE YOU CARE AT ALL?!"

Suddenly, the room was filled with heavy range of emotions, circulating between the three of us.
It was tiring and it makes me want to vomit.

"You two choose not to meddle with the Ground Zero's issues from the start. So I want you to keep your butt off of this, understood? And please." She sighed and looked at me.

"Don't try to help them. They're not worth it. Mga wala silang kwenta kumpara sa inyo—

"Okay, that's enough, woman." I yawn as I cut her off.

"You insulted my FRIENDS once, don't ever try to make it twice." I stared at her.

"If I hear another thing from you, I'll exploit your malicious doings, from the Lumos' funds up to your black market barter trades with Socrus."
I grinned when I saw her face turned pale.
Bingo.

"Ha! At kanino ka magsusumbong? Sa Illuminaire? Wala silang—

"Sa tingin mo, anong ipaparusa ni 'Alpha' sa'yo kung sakaling malaman niya? Oh I know,maybe torture? Or you'll be dumped in Luz. Let's go, Miguel." I gave her my crooked smile before turning my back.

"Y-YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!PAOLO! MIGUEL! "