Chapter 7

"You're an asshole."

"Wait, what?"

It had been a week. Jennie thought time away from Jisoo would lessen her feelings, but they only seemed to amplify them. She had never been like this before with another woman. Jisoo had reduced her to some lovesick idiot. She had gotten used to having Jisoo in her life. And now that she knew what it was like to finally kiss her and feel her body against hers, she knew she was in over her head. She was selfish; she wanted more. Fuck the consequences.

That said, she was pissed. Her ego was bruised. There were only so many times she could take being rejected by one person. She felt like she was being toyed with, regardless of how Jisoo actually felt. This wasn't something Jennie ever dealt with and she was dealing with it poorly.

So she phoned Lisa for advice on what to do. Loyal, trustworthy Lisa. Who just called her an asshole. Maybe she told her side of the story wrong. So she checked.

"No, you're an asshole, Jennie," Lisa repeated.

Jennie almost hung up. "Did I stutter? We kissed – we almost fucked – then she kicked me out."

"She's a doctor. She could lose her job. And all you've done is put her in this totally fucked up situation because you couldn't keep your pants on for three more freaking months. Of course she threw your horny ass out."

Well when you put it that way. Still. Jennie didn't like her tone.

"Lisa, talking to you is torture, why do I subject myself to this?"

"Because I'm smarter than you and you know I'm right."

Fair enough.

"Okay, Long Legged Lalisa, what do I do?"

"Well, you wouldn't be putting yourself through this if you didn't like her on a deeper level, right? But hell, you don't ever talk about her like she has another level. Literally all I know about her is that she's hot and that she wants to keep her job and career, which you seem hell bent on ruining for her." Lisa scoffed, then affected Jennie's voice, "Ugh, girls who have morals are the worst."

Jennie glared, wishing Lisa wasn't on the other side of the phone so she could smack her in person.

"That's not true."

"Oh yeah, you're right, I know she looks good in tank tops."

Jennie thought back at all her conversations with Lisa about Jisoo. She thought about any time she'd really talked about the woman at all...

Well fuck. She was right.

"Fuck."

She couldn't even think of a reason why Jisoo would be interested in her. She hasn't been anything but...well, gross. Overt. She'd ignored every request Jisoo had to be just 'friends'. She pushed her.

Jennie felt sick.

Lisa must've read Jennie's silence; her tone softened. "So, Jennie, if you're actually interested in her, you have to figure out a way to make this work."

Jennie groaned, throwing herself onto her bed. "Of course I'm interested in her. She's smart, and nice to people, and kind of a huge dork, but she challenges me and puts up with my shit."

"Ah, so she does have a personality," Lisa said. "Look, I know you mean well and I'm sure she knows you mean well, but you suck at showing it. But I wouldn't be your friend if you weren't awesome and she probably wouldn't have kept you around if all you did was hit on her."

"So what do I do?"

"I'd back off, but knowing you, you won't."

Jennie sighed. "No, probably not. I don't know."