2. Confrontation and Oath

A group of elves arrive to interrupt the party in honour of Bell Cranel for being chosen as the bearer of the legendary sword <Azure>.

- Hold it right there! -

Everyone looked in the direction of where the voice came from and it turned out to be a blond elf from the group that had just arrived at the party and who was leading such a group.

(The appearance of that elf)

- What are you celebrating? - the elf claims very annoyed - Why are you celebrating for a human? We are elves. We celebrate only for the deeds that our compatriots achieved, not for foreigners, especially that stupid human -

- (He does hate me so much...) - Bell thinks seriously.

- I will not tolerate such offence in my kingdom, Elias! - claims the king for the actions of the elf displeased by the party.

- It is no offence, my king. It is the truth. He does not deserve the legendary sword; he only seeks to take advantage of the people of the forest like any other human.

The kings and the twins who raised Bell couldn't help but show their anger towards the blond.

- I deserve the sword because of elven tradition. Only we are allowed to carry it. As such, he should not have the sword for a second.

Despite the annoyance the elf caused, he was right, only elves were allowed to carry the sword <Azure>. However, many of them ask why the sword chose Bell as its bearer.

- [Who is that guy?] - asks Eira in sword form and in a low voice.

- Elias Brisingr, outstanding elven warrior being admired by much of the population, yet few people, including myself, know his true face - Bell whispers to his partner.

- [I understand, companion] -

- Erm... Could you call me Bell? -

- [All right, Bell] -

As Bell and Eira spoke in hushed tones, they did not notice a chestnut elf woman approaching them, but unlike Elias's indignant face, she had a look of regret on her face.