Chapter 1: A Brighter Future-

Summary:

Wyatt, a legendary soldier from another time, awakens in another place, at an unknown time and location. Lost, confused and his mobility hampered, he must try and figure out just what is going on, so he can find a way to get back in it. Luckily, there is someone here to assist him... Or rather, something...

Chapter 1:

=2183 - orbit of an unknown planet - unknown exact date... WARNING: CATASTROPHIC SYSTEM FAILURE, ORBIT FAILING, EMERGENCY SYSTEMS ACTIVE, MAINTENANCE CREWS NEEDED ON... EVERY LEVEL...=

Why was my vision pulsing purple? What the fuck happened? As I opened my eyes, I realised I was behind glass... Sealed in some kind of container. Thank Christ I didn't have claustrophobia or I'd be having a full blown panic attack at this point. I looked around for a moment...

=SUBJECT AWAKE, CRYOSTASIS SYSTEMS FAILURE, POD OPENING=

When those words were spoken the door before me swung open and I collapsed to the ground, coughing and puking up from the cryo sleep that had been induced on me... Euch, I hate throwing up. I caught my breath, taking deep and heavy breaths and fell to my side, tired, hungry, thirsty and... Confused, more than anything... Hadn't I died? Swear I remember having a heart attack...

FOXDIE... I should be dead... What the fuck?

I got up and saw some... Screen... Thing... It looked like a computer, but it was some kind of holographic image instead of a glass screen with an LED behind it... This was weird... I stumbled over, my legs not fully cooperating yet it seemed. They needed some time to get back in working order I reckon. Just like Venom all those years ago. Wish I had some Digoxin to get me back in working order quicker...

I fell onto the console almost, pretty much making a desperate dive, my arms and part of me upper body landing on the surface, the sound of flesh meeting metal in a rough fashion sounding out.

I clicked the screen to see what would happen and it flashed green instantly... "WELCOME BACK ONLINE, COMMANDER WARWICK." Came a voice from what sounded like an intercom, but the voice was far too... Robotic, to be human in any way. Some kind of Artificial Intelligence?

Warwick? My codename was Black Fox. My real name classified and lost to the records. "Umm... Alright?" I asked more than said to the perceived empty air around me...

"GREETINGS, COMMANDER, I AM the SYSTEMS INFORMATION ANALYST, OR SIA. THE AI ASSIGNED TO YOU UPON YOUR WAKING, HOW MAY I ASSIST YOU?" the voice spoke clear and crisp to me. I pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to understand what was going on.

I took a few breaths, trying to keep myself calm and collected. "W- where are we?" I asked, deciding to take it step by step.

"THE ENDEMIC REVIVAL, A FREIGHTER SHIP." The AI told me... Okay, good enough start I suppose... Yeah, I can work from this.

"Which sea are we currently traversing?" I asked it, wanting to get my location zeroed before I decided to move out of here, just in case.

"PLEASE CLARIFY."

Shaking my head, I specified. "Err... The Carribean, or The Pacific? The Indian Ocean?" I spoke to the voice, confused. It didn't understand that question? AI dev must have fallen behind some while I'd been out...

"NEGATIVE. WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ON EARTH."

I missed a beat. "I... It... What?" I had no words... Did it just say... NOT on Earth?! That's... Certainly a useful piece of information. "What the hell have I missed during my absence from the world?" I asked it, hoping to have to not get more specific. "Oh, and lower the volume please." I added so she'd stop shouting... Like my own brain was trying to yell at me. Not headache inducing... But close enough.