Two Kisses One Hug (SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 13

When Taemin walked into the room Minho was still asleep. He threw himself onto the bed next to Minho and lied down again. He wrapped himself into a ball, just as he had been sleeping all night, maybe to comfort himself, maybe to have the feeling as if everything that happened was just a dream he would wake up from soon.

Taemin shuffled a little closer to Minho, to feel his body against him, that comforted him to no end. Not even noticing that Minho woke up a bit until he wrapped his arms around Taemin's chest.

"Taemin, what happened?" Minho asked, his voice sounded sleepy and he was far from wide awake, but he was awake enough to notice Taemin's chest shooting up and down under his hands. Waiting for Taemin's response Minho opened his eyes a bit, immedeately shutting them because of the explosion of daylight that was filling the room. Finally Taemin responded by shaking his head against Minho's shoulder before closing his eyes too. He bit down on his lip until it started to bleed a little, just to prevent himself from letting out sobs, crying tears he didn't want to cry.

After feeling Taemin shaking his head Minho decided to leave it alone for a second,

he pulled Taemin even closer against him and started stroking his hair.

"You don't have to hold back" Minho whispered softly when he heard Taemin's restrained sobs cutting trough the silence that was there for about two seconds.

Again Taemin shook his head, still holding back but noticing one of the tears slipped and ran down his cheek, landing on Minho's hand. Minho heaved a sigh, wondering what happened, and who did this to Taemin. The situation remained like this for a while as Taemin allowed Minho to pull him closer and closer against his body, first his upper body, next his head against Minho's shoulder until he was completely embraced by, and almost on top of Minho.

"Taemin-ah?" Minho whispered softly, checking if he wasn't falling asleep, noticing he hadn't moved for a while. Taemin opened his eyes again to face Minho. His painful expression didn't disappear but seeing Minho's face, worried, helped him to calm down a bit.

"What happened?" Minho asked for the second time, making Taemin roll his of of Minho's before sitting down next to him. He sighed. Minho sat up too and wrapped his arms around Taemins waist. After that Taemin started explaining, from the moment he woke up, until he dropped back on the bed next to Minho. Not forgetting to explain his thoughts and feelings, of course leaving his feelings for Minho aside.

Minho had listened the whole story, nodding some times when Taemin looked at him, this time not holding back on his tears. After finishing Taemin burried his face into Minho's shoulder. Minho shivered with mixed feelings from anger to his affection for Taemin. Minho stroke his thumb up and down Taemin's neck, making Taemin move a little closer,  leaving his cheek less then an inch away from Minho's lips.

Minho hesistated for a second, before he moved a little bit closer, and his lips touched Taemin's cheek, placing a tiny kiss on it. Immediately he could feel Taemin's response, wrapping his arms tighter around his chest. An uncertain feeling came over Minho, maybe he should just have tried as hard as Jonghyun was trying to get Taemin, but on the other side, maybe Taemin trusted him because he wasn't like that.

Finally Taemin made a movement, releasing the grip from Minho's body, facing him.

Minho looked directly in his eyes, noticing how Taemin changed from being completely confused and upset to his calm self, not even bothering to have his face this close to him.

"Thank  you." Taemin softly whispered, shuffling a bit away from him, but not leaving his eyes with his own. Both of them noticed the small gap in between their lips now, making them both blush, but none of them pulled away. Minho fought a fight inside, should he just lean over and kiss him? he couldn't help the thought, Taemin's perfect lips were just too close to his own to not think about it.

But Taemin already gave the answer, by moving away after all.

He stood up, next to the bed where he whispered coldly.

"I'm going to take a shower." Not waiting for a response Taemin walked away,  leaving Minho behind in confusion. Taemin had just ignored all of his feelings, and Minho noticed how cold he had sounded. Only that worried him even more.

When Taemin closed the bathroom door behind him and locked it he threw himself onto the floor. Immedeately he started to cry, the tears he had hold in, every one of them. He just didn't know what to do any more, it was all starting to be too much for him. Jonghyun was flirting with him, and just when Taemin started to like that, he was dating someone, behind his back. And also, Minho kissed him on his cheek, making him even more confused. He had responed to that, but maybe Minho was just too scared to kiss him, or Minho didn't return his feelings. He had to cover his feelings for Minho by breaking that moment, he had to act cold in front of him. Because showing his feelings would ruin his relationship with Minho too, and that would leave him all by himself.

After seeing Taemin leave Minho found himself sitting helpless on the bed, and before he could even think about it he jumped up. Walking streight to the front door. He opened it and welcomed the cold wind that started to cut trough his Tshirt. Without thinking of turning around and taking his jacket with him Minho walked out and sat down on the stairs in front of the public doorway. He had to get his mind clear again, but the cold wasn't really helping, he kept thinking about Taemin himself, not about how he could support him. He would have fought the same fight as Jonghyun did, and never hurt Taemin in his whole life, but he was just too afraid to let even slip a tiny bit of his feelings towards him. He was the complete opposite of Jonghyun, what could be a reason too for Taemin to like Jonghyun over Minho. The moment Minho started to think about Jonghyun he felt his anger raise. What was Jonghyun thinking? First having the boy all over him and now pushing him away? Jonghyun was really a mistery.

Jonghyun threw his head into his hands, covering his eyes, ears, everything, just to be away from this world for a second. He didn't want to be here anymore since he ruined everything, he lost Taemin, he lost Sekyung, and he lost himself, all because of that stupid plan. He was now sitting on his bed, not even remembering when and how he walked away after facing Taemin. The only thing he remembered was picking up the broken necklace, now being helt by his hand, up in the air in front of his face. He had definitely destroyed everything he cared about, it didn't matter anymore, he didn't care about life anymore, since he had taking his only love away himself. He didn't care about destroying more and who, or what the next thing was for him to destroy. Nothing was this worse, Jonghyun decided when he turned the necklace around, the sharp point facing his wrist, before scratching the sharp object painful against it.

Just that moment Key opened the door, first slowly, hoping Jonghyun wouldn't notice him, because he just wanted to check on him in secret. He wanted to know if Jonghyun was okay, even though he hated what he did to Taemin, he knew this was hurting Jonghyun too, he was blaming himself, but Jonghyun just couln't predict the consequences. Key felt guilty, because he did predict this, and didn't stop them. Key pushed the door a little, still being silent as possible, but when Key saw what Jonghyun was doing he practically smacked the door out of the wall and within a few seconds he sat next to Jonghyun. Looking at him, because he hadn't responded since Key entered the room. Normally you would turn around when someone smacks the door out of the wall right? Right?!

"OH MY GOD JONGHYUN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Was the first thing for key to blurt out in panic. First his eyes fell on the scratched wrist, following the blood drops, deciding it wasn't as bad as it looked like. But when he looked into Jonghyuns eyes alle he saw was a shocking emptyness, Jonghyun staring into the room without any emotions. He was crying but his face showed nothing but a frozen expression. It scared Key that he started to shake his hands in front of his face, and finally grabbing it to shake somewhat of a reaction out of Jonghyun.

"Ki--bum?" Jonghyun spoke slowly  before throwing his head back, eyes shut, body frozen.