Running

Jake p.o.v 

Run. Run is the only thought that courses through my mind, over and over again. The silence of my screams are filled with the crunching of  leaves under my feet. When I do try to scream the only thing that comes out are raspy breaths. 

"Get back here, boy!" My father, Mike bellows out for me. Mike found out that I was gay, he also abuses me daily now wanting to kill me. The anxiety hitting in waves, a storm starting to form. The coldness hitting me in my face full force. 

Lights! I try to run faster. I really need to find someone, I need help. My mind wanders to something but I shake it off. Not really worrying about whatever it is. The shape of a house comes into my view. Let me rephrase this a 3 story mansion comes into view. 

I rush towards the door. My mind race's with thoughts. What happens if no one is home ? I bang on the door, hoping someone is home.  Mikes footsteps get closer. The door goes flying open. "What the fuck! Your a guy!" A 6 foot tall handsome guy bellows. His right eye is white and a scar runs through his eyebrow and down. I know its rude to stare, so I push my eyes to the ground. My father grab's ahold of my arm and I flinch trying to get out of his hold. 

" My son was just coming home with me," Mikes deep voice tells the man and I shake my head no. The guy we are going to call him Ed. Ed growls and looks down at my fathers hand. What the fuck is he a dog? Mike drops his hand. 

"My name is Jaxon, and I will not allow you to take him home. " Jaxon's voice is like music to my ears. I nibble on my bottom lip. Jaxon grabs my arm and pushes me behind him. My cheeks change from pale white to what I'm guessing to a bright red color. I peek over to Mike and his face is redder than mine and his eyes are golden. I back up only to hit a wall. 

"I'll be back. " My father growls and runs off.  Jaxon turns around and glares down at my 5'4 self. What the fuck did I do? I tilt my head to the side and stare into his eyes. His left eye is a beautiful gray color. 

"I can't believe this." He shakes his head and storms off. I flinch and follow. Jaxon can't just leave me alone. Going into a room witch is filled with punching bags, and other training things. I winkle my nose smelling  of sweat.  I see Jaxon's black shirt laying on the ground. 

"Fuck!" Someone howls out. I walk closer and peer around the punching bag to see Jaxon's back. I see his muscles tense up, walking up I see all the pink scars that form claw marks run down his back.  His forehead leans on the punching bag and his knuckles are dripping with blood and clenched into a fist. I carefully grab his fist. Tingles shoot up my arm and I bite my lip. 

" Let go of me," Jaxon mumble's and I shake my head no. I drag him over to the benches and force him to sit down.  

" I don't need your help." He adds. I roll my eye's and looks around for the first aid. 

"Top shelf." Jaxon points over to the shelfs on the other side of the room. I walk over and start to climb. My foot slips on the third and and I fall backwards. I close my eyes waiting for the lovely hug I was about to give the floor. It never comes. Hand's wrap around me and I open my eyes.  

"Why would you do something so stupid." Jaxon growls. I open my mouth to speak but snap it shut. Why would I start talking for him? I don't even know him. I yawn, a wave of tiredness hits me. 

"I'll let you sleep," Jaxon tells me and walks towards the stairs. I start but fail to get out of his arms. No not again. I can't be pushed down again. Jaxon looks down confused and puts me down. I rush towards the door, slamming it open. I need to get out. I pulled back by a force. I scream, the first sound I made in 7 years. 

"Don't touch me! " I bellow, tears rolling down my cheeks. I look back at him only to see my father. 

" Let go" I cry out and he releases his hands from my arm. 

" You will stay here and you will fucking like it!" His voice is loud and I shake my head. I will not allow this to happen again. 

"Please don't hurt me" my voice quite and weak. My body is filled with anxiety and anger. So much anger. At my father and at this new person. Why could I not have a simple life, with no abuse, a mother, a father who doesn't care if I'm gay.  A growl ripples through the house. I back up wishing the floor would suck me in. 

A guy rushes down the stairs and steps in the middle of me and Jaxon. "Don't hurt him Jax. He is your mate and it's only going to hurt you more." He tells Jaxon and turns his head to look at me. 

"Hello, I'm Day the beta." He turns around to Jaxon. 

"But he's a he. " He hollers out. Jaxon looks at me and his glare softens. 

"Just give it a chance." Day replies. My mind racing. What's a mate? What is a beta?  Why does he care if I'm a guy? 

" I will give it a shot. But if I don't like it I'm going to reject him. " He walks over to me. 

" Hello, I'm Jaxon, your mate. " He stares into my eyes and I tilt my head. 

"H-h-hi. I'm J-Jake. Wh-what's a mate" I ask. Jaxon looks over to Day. He look's amused and walks away laughing. Jaxon walks towards the living room and sits on the couch and I sit on the chair. 

"Okay......here we go." He looks at his lap.