Chapter 33

Niku’s POV

I am watching contently as Kleyton prepared the bath tub. I’m glad he’s finally recognizing me now. For the past days, I felt empty. How I missed him so much, he was so close yet so far from me. I wish he will never ever ignore me again.

“Come here” he called out.

I quickly stepped in his open arms. A sigh of relief and joy escaped from me as I felt his arms around me.

“I’m sorry I didn’t control myself. You must be sore” he sadly said.

I raised my face to look at him. “Don’t worry, I’m good and it doesn’t hurt, really” I said convincing him.

He touched my lips and I winced in pain as he caressed the cut in my lip. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you” he cried.

“Kley, I’m okay, it’s nothing. I told you it doesn’t hurt”

“Don’t lie to me”

“I’m not lying, it’s not that painful and besides I’m too happy to think about the physical pain”

He raised his eyebrows.

“You were ignoring me for several days and I was so sad that it hurts so much to be able to look at you but not able to touch you” I murmured.

He pressed his lips into a thin line. “Go inside the tub” he said as he removed his shirt from me leaving me bare naked.

As I settled myself inside the tub, I felt him joining me. He was at my back; he grabbed my waist and placed me closer to him. Seconds after, I felt the sponge lingering on my body, followed with his hand massaging my soft skin.

“Kley?”

“Hmm?”

“Why are you mad at me?”

“I already told you”

“No, I mean those past few days, you were ignoring me, why?” I turned around to face him.

He sighed but continued to wander the sponge around my body. “I’m not mad at you” he finally answered.

“Then why did you ignore me?”

“When Frank told me about the whole mission, I was shocked. Can’t believe you’re a kick-ass, I mean who would have thought such lovely angelic face turns out to be a spy, I was quite impressed by the way. But when he told me you hated this mission, which is protecting me and that you were forced to act that you like me, I was I don’t know, I felt guilty”

I frowned. “Guilty?”

“Yeah, you hated me yet you have to act you like me, must be hard for you” he wiped a few strands of my hair and put it behind my ear. “Then I took advantage of you. I made you a stupid deal, like forcing you to be my girl, which I’m sure made you even more pissed. Then I made you stay at my house, made you sleep beside me, kissed me and now had sex with you” he said avoiding my stare. “So I decided to keep my distance, so that you don’t have to pretend anymore. I don’t want to force you into something yet a while ago I forced you to have sex with me. I’m such a terrible person. After I bath you promise me you won’t talk or come near me again. You don’t have to pretend anymore baby doll. I promise you, I will talk to your Dad and tell him to assign another mission for you and just find another person to protect me”