9: You

You

.

.

.

"Chat, I'm so sorry-"

"Not now Ladybeetle"

Chat hissed and avoided looking at her. Ladybeetle was consumed by guilt. Why did she even stop him?

They were both superheroes! Then why did she stop a hero from saving a citizen. It didn't make sense. She was supposed to be Ladybeetle. A hero. A figure people look up to.

But right now, she can hardly surpress her guilt. She can hardly look at his eyes, she can't even maintain eye contact when her partner was looking at her with so much rage and disappointment.

Kagami wasn't the type to disappoint people. She was known as a perfect figure. She had the brains, the body and the face. But what she didn't have was a reason on why she stopped him.

"We'll talk after I have a word with my princess"

He glanced at Marinette who was being scolded by Nadia. Nadia may not be her mother but she was close to Marinette to the point where she could scold her.

Chat chuckled and his eyes sparkled when Marinette smiled sheepishly at them but yelped when Nadia looked like she was in a rap battle.

And somehow. She felt stabbed. Like a needle pricking on her heart. He was willing to put her in second place to a citizen? He was her partner, not this citizen.

"No Chat. I want to talk about it now"

Chat hated it when she commanded him. He doesn't feel like a partner. More like a servant.

"No Ladybeetle. We can talk about this later. A citizen was injured and we don't have time for your meaningless apologies"

He snapped. Then her face crumpled with realization.

"Let's go Princess"

Chat walked towards the bluentte who apologized to Nadia. Nadia only sighed and forgave her.

"Oh hey Cha- Oh my gosh! What the goofballs are you doing?!"

Her silky voice shouted in the air when she suddenly being picked up bridal style.

"Carrying you to your house?"

"Dammit. Sly as always"

She mumbled but Chat only snorted. Then they were off. Marinette felt nostalgic jumping rooftops to rooftops. It felt so familiar and she longed to feel like that again. To do this again.

They landed on her balcony and Marinette immediately got off him.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, I was about to scold you for your impulsive actions but seeing Nadia, I guess my work here is done"

He winked and kissed the palm of her hand. Marinette chuckled and pushed his nose up high.

"Ouch"

"Sorry kitty, it was an instinct"

She gave him a half hearted apology. While he pouted.

.

Wow, did I ever notice how cute he is with that pout?

Wait what-

.

"You're back"

She glanced at him. And she was shocked by how his eyes looked so hypnotizing. So green and so perfect.

"Yeah, surprise?"

"Honestly, I am"

"Really? I thought the Chat Noir wouldn't even notice a clumsy girl gone"

She laughed. It sounded so melodic and purely innocent. But she noticed she was the only one laughing and she looked at him in confusion.

She only found his face in a frown and with pure confusion in his eyes.

"You thought I wouldn't notice you gone?"

"Uh yeah? You've got so many responsibilities weighed to even think of a citizen. So I'm pretty sure you wouldn't notice a single girl gone over dozens of citizens in this City"

.

Ohoho. She was so damn wrong.

He noticed it from the very beginning. He noticed how her presence would make him light up but he was so distracted with Kagami to not notice the girl who sat behind him.

He missed her. He thought about her everyday. How he never noticed her.

"So, wanna come in?"

She asked and went inside her room. After opening the trapdoor. Chat Noir immediately got inside.

He looked around and saw pink walls. There weren't pictures of his civilian self anymore.

.

"There aren't anymore pictures?"

He questioned her and she seemed calm after looking around too. Everything was the same except no posters.

"Yep"

He waited for a reason but it never came. She looked at him expectantly.

"Why?"

She chuckled while he frowned.

.

"I'm not in love with him anymore"

"Oh"

Chat nodded in understanding. Words haven't even been processed by his black ears yet he started nodding.

A weirdo, I tell ya.

Marinette hummed and got ready to sketch. An idea came across her mind when suddenly the cat made a thump.

Her kitty made a choking sound it sounded like a person having asthma. Marinette looked at him weirdly before throwing a water bottle at his face.

He caught it while coughing and gulped it down eagerly. She shrugged and continued sketching.

"Wait wha- What do you mean?!"

"Uh I'm not in love with him anymore"

Chat coughed and drank the water once again.

.

Boy. He'd be urinating a lot later.

.

Marinette repeated, still sketching and answering without looking up.

"Wait a minute--you were in love with m- Adrien Agreste?"

"Yep"  She popped the 'p' in her answer.

"The Adrien Agreste?!"

"Chat for the fourth time. Yes, I was. But not anymore"

That statement made his heart felt stabbed. It unknowingly hurt him and he didn't know why. His friend was in love with him, so what?

Why did he feel hurt though?

Why did he feel disappointed?

.

"Besides, he has Kagami"

.

That made his breath hitched. Yes, they had gone on multiple dates but he wasn't ready to give his heart to her as a whole because it belonged to someone else.

Mari- Ladybug.

.

"Oh no- Adrien doesn't-"

.

But they were interrupted by a beep. And the whole room flashed into green.