17: Princess

Princess

.

.

.

"What do you mean your other side?"

"You'll see Marinette. You'll see"

Marinette frowned and Adrien moved his hand so he can caress her cheek. She looked at him in confusion while he looked at her with longing.

I should've realized.

I should've noticed you more.

I should've chased you.

I should've been there.

I should've fallen for you.

Regrets and mistakes huh?

I should've noticed your beauty that sat behind me. I should've noticed your eyes when you looked at me. I should've stroked your hair when you cried.

I should've said I love you.

Because I really do Marinette.

But I was just fucking blind. So fucking blind. So label me as  the Ultra mega blind pro max apple phone.

Fandom, I am prepared for the blind insults.

"Why were you out in the rain?"

She cleared her throat but didn't make any moves to remove his hand. He stopped stroking. He looked at her.

Then suddenly Marinette was embraced by warmth. Her body was encaged by his. They were hugging.

"I was attacked by Revebattle"

It was silent for awhile and that gave Adrien an opportunity to stroke her hair. His head placed above her hair. Her hands on his chest.

"K-Kagami?"

Adrien realized that he made her uncomfortable. So he released her from his embrace. Her eyes widened and a bit of disappointment flowed through but she covered it quickly.

"I-I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I just...gosh, I just really needed your comfort right now"

He scratched his neck lamely and said awkwardly. He blushed embarrassingly and didn't dare to look at her.

"It's okay..."

Then Marinette grabbed him and circled her arms around his back. Adrien blushed and instinctively hugged her back.

They fit perfectly. She was small and tiny. Adrien would be there to protect her. Would be there for her. And he would be. Always.

"Marinette I-"

BOOM

"I should've known! Adrien Argeste!"

Adrien was whipped out of Marinette's embrace and was instantly flying.

His vision cleared and all he saw was that the City he moved in was small from the distance he was taken.