18: Marinette

Marinette
This chapter is dedicated to Not_aDope

.

.

.

"Marinette I-"

BOOM

"Adrien!"

The bluenette shouted but she could only see his shiny yellow hair moving extremely fast up in the sky with a Revebattle figure flying.

Her house collapsed and she was encaged by walls of concrete. Tikki desperate shouting her name.

"Marinette! Where are you?"

"T-Tikki, spots on"

She muttered and pink light covered her as a whole. The concrete walls flew due to the force her miraculous created.

She coughed out some dust.

"A-Adrien"

She mumbled and swung her yoyo. Looking for any sign of him or Revebattle. She ignored the screams of relief from citizens and focused on one thing.

Save Adrien.

Revebattle was actually trying to grab her arm but Adrien pushed her aside. So Revebattle had to change her plans. She gripped Adrien and together they flew off the sky.

Then she saw a spark of yellow falling fast from the sky. She immediately swung her yo-yo and caught him.

"Are you alright?"

"Ladybug?"

Ladybug was taken back. Adrien used to say Ladybug in a much more admired tone but right now, it sounded casual and a little excitement was laced in it.

"It's me"

"You're back?"

Why was there only a small piece of relief on his voice? Wasn't he happy that Ladybug was back? Marinette always noticed that Adrien's ears would perk up at the sound of Ladybug's name.

Ladybug nodded and dropped him off. She glanced at him but he didn't even look back at her. He ran to somewhere safe she guessed.

Ladybug swung her yo-yo and she landed on the Eiffel Tower. Why oh why must epic battles harm this beautiful tower?

.

"Ahh Ladybug"

.

Ladybug became extra cautious and aware of Revebattle's tone. Calm. It's too calm for a girl whose miraculous got stolen.

.

"Or should I say? Marinette"

.

Then all the air on Ladybug's lungs stopped. Her eyes looked at her in terror or with defensiveness. Revabattle crossed her arms and smirked.

"What? Ladybug I'm not stupid. I keep leaving my miraculous on my locker and the old Ladybug never showed up but when you came back...."

"I finally solved the missing puzzle"

She spit out with venom and Ladybug immediately got on in a defensive position.

Control the shock later. We must cleanse the Akuma first.

Then out of nowhere, Revebattle laughed bitterly. Her eyes looked so dead and numb but a small pain could be seen. And Ladybug knew what this girl was feeling.