Slow Dance | Todochako

Light footsteps filled Uraraka's room as she paced back and forth in front of her door. She is wearing a pastel pink semi-formal dress that falls just above her feet. Mina helped her put some light make up on earlier and style her hair into a bun, leaving strays of her hair framing her face. She was also lended some accessories that matched her dress, with a three-inch high pair of wedge heels completing her look.

Tonight will be the annual UA Gala, where UA students are free to enjoy a night. Of course, there is a ball that will happen, so some students will go with their partner.

Including her.

Her heart beats fast in her chest as she wait for her partner, who promised to pick her up so they can go to the ball together.

She's not worried that her partner won't fulfill his promise, for it's still 20 minutes before 6 in the evening, and her partner lives in the same dorm as her.

"Geez, calm down Ochako," she scolded herself as she took a deep breath. She stopped her worthless pacing and settled herself on her bed.

One... Two... Three...

"Ugh, how could I calm down!?" she yelled frustratingly. "He's my partner for mochi's sake! I mean, I know we're friends and all, but did you see him? He's literally a prince that resides in a golden castle while I'm just-"

Her blabbering was cut off with three knocks on her door.

Uraraka froze.

'Okay, I'm assuming that's him. Calm down Ochako, everything will turn out alright,'

Taking another deep breath, she stood up and fixed her dress. With slow steps, she made her way to the door and opened it.

There stood in his glory, a prince without a crown on top of his half red and half white hair, in his black formal suit.

"Todoroki," Uraraka breathed out.

Todoroki gave her a nod.

"Good evening, m'lady."

'Oh heavens, I think I'm gonna melt'

"You look like a prince straight out of a fairy tale book," she blurted out without thinking. She immediately blushed when she realized what she said.

"Uh, well I mean-"

"And you look exactly like a princess I'm about to sweep off her feet."

Uraraka didn't know she could blush any harder. She stared at Todoroki with quite wide eyes, which the latter returned but with his normal gaze.

Uraraka didn't notice there's something else with his gaze.

"So, you ready for the night?" Todoroki broke the silence. He extended his right hand for her to take.

Composing herself, she gave him a smile, nodded and placed her hands on his.

With butterflies going wild in her stomach with the contact, they made their way towards the UA auditorium.

Bright lights and up beat music greeted them when they went inside the place. Uraraka was awed with the elegant atmosphere that surrounds her.

Clearly distracted, she missed the fond look her partner gave her.

Uraraka's girl friends immediately approached her when she was spotted. Before she knew it, they were dragging her to their own table. She looked back to Todoroki and mouthed a quick apology which the boy dismissed with a shake of head.