10 the sweet gesture

Q U I D D I T C H   P I T C H

It has been a month since Hermione arrived at Hogwarts, and it was a very special day for Gryffindor and Slytherin quidditch players

"Good luck, Diana. I know you'll be awesome out there." Abraxas pat the shoulder of the Slytherin Quidditch Chaser, making her insides melt for a second.

"Thanks. Wonder where's Hermione... She was with us at breakfast this morning, but then I had to change into these tacky robes. Salazar, I've got to go, I best hear you cheering in the crowd!"

"Will do."Abraxas flashed a dimple as Diana dashed off.

In the crowd Tom Riddle sat, having absolutely no interest in Quidditch. Sporting a bored expression, his glances every now and then said otherwise... Was he looking for someone?

"Welcome, Headmaster Dippet, fellow staff and students, to the first Quidditch Match of the Year. Gryffindor House versus Slytherin! Let's hear it for the Gryffindors..."

Audience clad in red roared like the lions they were, overpowering the "boo"s coming from the snake house.

"And the Slytherins..."

There was an even louder commotion from those in green, making the ground rattle. Go figure, snakes.

"Without further ado, let the match begin!" Professor Uditch boomed, handing the mic to the commentator.

And the Quidditch field came to life.

"Jay Jordan here, bringing you the latest insights of the ongoing match. Now... Kain Pucey gets the Quaffle, passes it to Diana Carro- Woah! Gryffindor Septimus Weasley has taken the Quaffle, to Lyall Lupin... SCORE! 10-0 Gryffindor."

The game carries on until it was-

"A 120 all, who will break the tie? Again Pucey takes...And blocked, by Roy Weasley, the Gryffindor keeper. Both seekers are still up and searching for the snitch—ooh... that's gotta hurt." The mic was put down abruptly, a few thuds sounding throughout the field. Shuffling among the audience was evident as everyone stood up with bated breath for a better look at the incident.

Professors standing nearest to the piece of land rush to aid the fallen player. On the muddy field Diana Carrow lay, wincing with the little energy she had left.

Having just set foot on the stands, imagine the horror Hermione felt when she spotted her new friend lying stiff on the soils of the earth. A professor was yelling something she could faintly hear. Was it a broken rib?

Nevertheless, Hermione pushed her way through the crowd forcefully, however loud her "sorry"s were.

"Diana!" Hermione kneeled onto the ground, reaching for her ally's hand.

"Hermione..." She could only mutter.

"Amanté, I suggest stepping back for a moment. Your friend needs medical attention from the matron in the Hospital Wing."