[1] what we lost

knock knock knock

Father: " I'll get it"

I watch as my father gets up from his chair and walk to the front door.

Father: " what can I do for yo-"

Stab

My eyes start to widen, while my breathing becomes heavy as I see father drop to the floor with a pool of his blood surrounding him. My ears picked up a loud ear screeching scream. I look over to where it came from and panic started to wash over me.

'M-Mother? M-Mikasa? I have to protect them!' i thought quickly while jumping from my chair and grabbing the closest thing to me which was a butter knife. Mother seemed to get the same idea as she grabs a pair of scissors near her and charges at the men with a mighty war cry.

mother: "ACE DON'T! TAKE MIKASA AND RUN!" she yelled, halting me from joining her in attacking these fools.

Mikasa: " KAA-SAN!"

me: " BUT-" 

Mother: "GO!"

'If I leave, mother would get hurt but Mikasa and I would be safe. If I don't and help mother, then she might be able to survive......but what if i fail. Not only would mother get hurt but also me and Mikasa'  i thought, while looking at the situation at hand.

I see mother stab one guy in the chest with the pair of scissors. When i thought we could win, i see a large mans shadow looming down on mine and Mikasa's vision. I saw him raise his arm with a weapon in hand, i quickly brought my hand up and covered Mikasa's eyes from seeing the awful sight.

slash

Warm blood covered my face like painting a clear canvas. My mothers blood poured down my cheeks like a race. My breath hitched when i saw my mother and fathers lifeless bodies surrounded in a pool of their bloods that's slowly starting to mix with one another.

Out of pure rage, i tighten my grip on the butter knife i got from the table and dashed to the two men in front of us. Stabbing one of the guys in the eyes, i jumped and wrapped my legs around his neck and tightened like a snake, hopefully cutting the blood flow to the head and the oxygen to the lungs.

man 1: "h-h-help m-me"

man 2: " grr you brat! GET OFF"

Not moving an inch, i give the man a cold glare. which makes him flinch a little.

Suddenly I start to feel the guy beneath me starting to go lump. With one more tight squeeze, i jump off and roundhouse kick the other guy in the jaw, causing him to fall to the wooden floor with a loud thud

Mikasa: "NII-SAN"

Me: " HURRY! WE MUST GO BEFORE THEY GET UP!"

Mikasa: "B-but mama and pap-" she said in-between sobs

Me: "THERES NO TIME-"

man 2: " tsk you brat, that actually hurt" he said while rubbing his jaw, clearly trying to sooth the pain. He then swung his weapon, but lucky i was able to dodge, sadly wasn't quick enough to dodge the whole thing because my left eye got cut.

Me: "tsk" i click my tongue in annoyance as i touch the blood that's traveling down my left eye

mikasa: "NII-SAN-"

me: "HURRY"

I yell out to Mikasa cutting her off and grabbing her hand so we can run out to the backdoor. 

man 2: " GET BACK HERE!"

We could hear his roar of terror down the hallway. Our little feet patting on top of the old wooden floor boards. Our breaths out of pattern due to the events that happened not to long ago.

Me: " Mia, this way!" i said leading us into the forest that wasn't to far from the yeager family

Mikasa: "HN!" she replied while giving a slight nod of her head, showing that she understands.

 time skip

BANG BANG BANG

I banged on the door so loud that i thought it would break if i hit it again. 

creakkkkkk (sound of the door opening)

Carla: "yes? OH Ace?! MIKASA?!"

Once she laid eyes on me and Mikasa covered in blood, she pulled us in and called for her husband.

carla: "WHAT HAPPENED?! ARE YOU TWO OK? WHERES YOUR MOTHER?" 

Our heads cast down with a shadow looming over our faces making it hard for carla to read our expressions. After a few minutes, we heard extra footsteps run in.

Grisha: " Yes my love, what's wrong?"

Without saying anything Carla pointed her finger towards mine and Mikasa's way.

Third pov

Dr yeager looked at the situation in front of him. His eyes moved from his beautiful wife to the ackerman twins. He smiled but that was soon gone when he realized that they looked terrible. 

Out of instinct, he ran besides them , kneeling in front of them.

Grisha: "Ace, Mikasa what happened?" he asked, voice full of concern

Ace looked up and stared coldly at dr yeager with a frown.

Dr Yeager's breath hitched when Ace's eyes meet his. Dr Yeager then wrapped his arms around himself as if there was a sudden cold breeze passing by.

Ace: "These strangers came in and killed father. Mother killed one but was killed from behind. I killed one from blood lost because i stabbed him in the eyes and cut off his oxygen , and i kicked one in the face, but it didn't make him stay down long enough like i hoped"

Ace explained with a cold voice that the Yeager family and even Mikasa was unfamiliar with. Ace held a emotionless expression that was unreadable while Mikasa had her head down in deep thought with her eyebrows furrowed

'i-i couldn't do anything, i wasnt able to protect tou-san, kaa-san or nii-san" she thought while clenching her fists. She then lift her gaze to her older brother in admiration and sorrow.

"i couldn't do anything unlike nii-san, who tried to help and got him hurt" she thought while glancing at the cut running down his left eye. she felt bad that she wasn't able to do anything but just stand there and watch as her family got hurt one by one right before her eyes.

'never again. i will fight and protect the ones i love just like you nii-san'  Mikasa with a look of determination thought while looking at ace like he was a god.

 Carla was the first one to make a move after the dead silence. Running to the twins she tackled them into a comforting warm hug.

Mikasa burst into tears, while Ace looked broken.

carla: " You two can live with us"

the twins eyes widen and soon they were all crying. Carla was crying because she lost her close friends and felt bad for the twins, while the twins were crying because they lost there parents. 

Dr yeager looked down at the sight and smiled softly.

'the are gonna be a great addition to this family' he thought warmly, while joining in on the family hug.

~~~~~