Day 11: Art | Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker POV
I hate humans, but Jamie is one human I care about. I hate how humans treat mental and emotional health. No fragging way anyone can forget the things that hurt them. I've been trying to show Jamie I care about her and want to be her friend, but she's used to seeing how I hate humans. It's been a challenge trying to get her to be friends with me. There have been issues that I think caused Jamie to fear me, which even Prime found unusual. Now we're back to respected teammates' status.

I have been able to spend time with her. We mostly do art even though she's been doing digital art while I stick to paper and pen sketching. Drift has told me Jamie has a box of art supplies and tons of paper.

Today feels different after hearing what Optimus found out yesterday. I don't like how Jamie is thinking, nor do I like how this will take a long time to take care of. Sideswipe suggested building a gingerbread house since it's something humans like to do during Christmas. I bought two gingerbread houses to build. Either Jamie and I will be making two, or we'll end up working on our own house.

I put the boxes on the table, about to get Jamie's attention as Sideswipe walks in carrying several bags.
"You forget these," he says as he puts the bags on the table, which gets Jamie's attention.
"What did you buy?" Janie asks as she takes off her headphones.
"Lots of candy," Sideswipe chirps.
I sigh, displeased with Sideswipe's purchase.
"It's not Halloween," Jamie laughs.
"I can say the same about your candy stash," Sideswipe defended, making Crosshairs and Drift laugh. Sideswipe got both candy that's only available around Christmas and candy that's available year-round. He says it's for both the gingerbread houses and to eat.

Jamie agrees to work on a gingerbread house together, so maybe we'll be working on two houses. Sideswipe stays to sneak the candy he got for us.
"Get out of here!" I snap.
I didn't think Jamie would laugh.
"You're welcome," Sideswipe smiles before leaving.

I have no idea what to talk about with Jamie, so we end up building the gingerbread house in silence. A good twenty-minute project before lunch. I'm glad she let me take her out for lunch. Drift suggested McDonald's, so Jamie and I can work on the next gingerbread house. I doubt Jamie would've had a problem if we went to a restaurant around here, but Drift has a good idea.

We walked to our destination; again, I have no idea to talk about with Jamie. Instead, I thought of what else we can do today. I think I have some ideas. We got lunch for Crosshairs, Drift, and Sideswipe.

"He's been trying to find where you stashed the candy," Crosshairs tells me as I watch Sideswipe looks in the cabinets in the kitchen. He must have started with our room first.
"Get over here and eat!!" I yell at him.
I tell Crosshairs, Drift, Jamie, and Sideswipe my plan for the afternoon. The three mechs agree this is a good idea, but Jamie doesn't say anything, and I doubt it's because she's eating.

We worked on the second gingerbread house and our drawings for the afternoon. Jamie says her art is trash, but I like it. She doesn't know I've seen her full-color illustrations of Crosshairs and Drift.

I planned on going to Jamie's dimension to take photos at sunset. I didn't expect her to want to go to Panera Bread, nor did I expect her to ask me to take her. This turns into going to dinner at Jamie's favorite restaurant then getting cookies at Panera Bread.

The sun is setting as we drive to our destination. It's so beautiful; Jamie takes several pictures from various locations during the drive, even if she's unsure if the photos will turn out good since I'm driving.

Sideswipe is annoyed I'm spending more time with Jamie than he did.
"Should have planned better," I yell to him as I get the stash of candy I hid, resulting in Sideswipe displeased he couldn't find the stash even though he's looked everywhere in our room.
He comes with me to the lounge room. A little T.V. before the live stream Jamie watches. It was a good day, and I want to spend more time with her.