Day 9 : Long Time No See | Perceptor

Perceptor POV
I have been working with humans, Wheeljack, and Que at a lab. We stay in contact with the other Autobots around the world. We all know about Jamie's struggles but didn't think Prime would inform is about what she told him.   It's been some time since I spent time with Jamie, but I want to see her. I meet up with a few others who want to spend time with her, even though we've all been invited to a Christmas party Saturday.   

I arrive at the base late Monday night with another Cybertronian. Jamie is awake, but we wait until it's our turn to spend time with her to show we're here. 
"She'll be pleased to see both of you," Prime smiles.
 I go into my room and think about things to do with Jamie tomorrow.   Jamie is really into science, but I'd like a break from science while here. 

I couldn't think of things to do today, a sign I've spent way too much time in the lab.  Maybe Crosshairs and Drift thought of something to do. However, I'm fine with watching T.V. with Jamie.  

Jamie wants to see what I've been working on. I did bring my notes in case Ratchet wanted to take a look. With his permission, I allow Jamie to take a look. Jamie understands what she read, but, unusually, she doesn't ask questions.   

Since I have no idea what to do with Jamie all day, I let her do what she usually does in the morning.  
"Can't figure out what to do with Jamie?" Ratchet asks.
"It's easy since she loves science, but I want a break from science." 
"You'll be here for at least a week. Even an hour of experiments won't kill you."

I do have a project I neglected since starting my work with the humans. However, I'll be starting over since it's not in the lab here.  I'm not going to do one of those experients human children do, even if that's quick.  I doubt I'll figure out something that'll last three hours. I'll either have this experiment remaining untouched in a second location, or Jamie will want to take over. It is actually something to help her. Though at this point, it'll be some time before this is finished, even if Jamie takes over.  

"You want what?" Ratchet asks. 
"I want a vial of Jamie's blood. It's for an experiment to help her, but...." 
"Embarrassed to ask her before you two start this experiment? How are you going to explain you have a vial of her blood?" 
"I'll start before she gets to the lab. She won't know its blood." 
Ratchet sighs before giving me a vial.  
"You work on finding a way to rid Jamie of this illness. I — or rather Jamie and I — will be working in something else to help her." 
"Something to help her that involves a vial of her blood, but not an attempt to cure her? What are you doing?" 
I told Ratchet what I'm hoping to do.  
"I want you to report to me on the progress of this." 
With that, I leave the medbay and head to the lab. 

Jamie walks into the lab an hour later. By now,  the blood sample I have is mixed in with a chemical.  I hope this is the only blood sample I need or that Ratchet draws more blood before I need more.  

I have thought of what to tell Jamie.  I love watching how fascinated Jamie is with science.   

Within an hour, I realize I'm going to need more blood samples; our work today was a failure. I'm not going to be able to let Jamie continue this.  
"It's an interesting experience," Jamie tells me as we clean up, "I'm sorry you won't be able to continue." 
"At least for now," I reply in a sad tone. 
I still had a good time with Jamie.