0.3

The 29th of July, 2020

Harry's POV

I walk out of the hospital with my hood up and sunglasses on. I immediately cringe when I remember I didn't let the driver know it would take longer. I walk out to the SUV that's been waiting for me for hours.

When I get into the car I immediately apologize. The driver waves at me dismissively.

"Louis called and said you'd be done later than expected since he knew you'd forget," he explains. I breathe out a sigh of relief and chuckle. Of course, he knew I'd forget. I situate myself in the back before we head back to the hotel.

When we pull up to the hotel I thank the driver and get out. Apparently, he would be our driver until we go back to London. I take the elevator up to the room and walk down the long loft to our door. Once it's unlocked I coo at the sight of Louis asleep on the couch.

I set my keys down quietly before picking him up bridal style and carry him to the bed. I take off his shoes and jeans before covering him with the duvet. I then go and take a shower and get ready for bed.

When I climb into the bed I instinctively kiss his forehead before cuddling his chest. I then let sleep consume me.

~~

I smile waking up to Louis peppering my face with kisses.

"Morning," I say in a husky morning voice.

"Morning. How did you sleep?" he asks me.

"Very well actually. I was pretty tired," I answer truthfully. He nods and kisses my nose before getting out of bed.

"What do you want me to bring up for breakfast?' he asks. I completely forgot we can't go down together.

"Um... fruit and anything else I can eat from down there," I request. Lou nodded knowing my dietary restrictions. He brushes his teeth while slipping on his jeans from yesterday and throwing on a hat before heading down for breakfast.

I check my phone and see the responses from my mum and Gemma. I tell them I'll be skyping them in a few minutes. I get dressed and brush my teeth before open my laptop and starting the call. It takes a second for them to join.

"Good morning H, how is everything?" my mum asks. I smile seeing her face for the first time in a bit.

"I'm doing well and I hope the same for you lot," they both nod in agreement.

"So, you said you wanted to talk?" Gemma claims.

"Right, yeah. So... how do I say this?" they patiently wait for me to explain, "Erm... so I visited the girl through Make A Wish yesterday. Her name is Emma and she's a very sweet girl," I start. I can see the confusion on their faces, "She was supposed to stay with a family close to her when she was discharged. She had a neglective mother and her father isn't in the picture. Everything was well until the talk about financial stability when adding her to their monthly expenses came up. They concluded that they wouldn't be able to support four kids. Then her God Mother was brought up but ended in the same problem. The only solution left was foster care," I pause for a second.

"I talked to the family and the doctor and he contacted the state. I offered to become her legal guardian. Now before you start yelling, hear me out," they both nod, "I am not her father, I am more like her brother. She trusted me from the start and we're very comfortable around each other. And she-" my sister cuts me off.

"Is she what was causing those feelings you get randomly? Is that why you offered? Cause if it is, does she have that feeling too?" she asks.

"Um, well yes. She is why I kept getting that feeling, I only know that because once I walked into her room it got stronger. I only offered because she admitted she had the same feeling, that's when I told her about mine," I explain.