12. Your fault

Pierce family

Pierce family.

Nobodies POV

Damon was silently asleep in between Fred and George, when suddenly his phone rings. There were two loud groans, while Damon sighs, sitting up, moving over Fred, who only moans in annoyance at the disturbance.

Damon chuckles at his cute face and he walks over to his jeans, which laid on the floor, he searches his pants and he pulls out his phone, moving to somewhere where he wouldn't disturb the twins.

....

"Hello." Damon mumbles, still tired.

"Damon....something happened...." Stefans voice rings through the phone, somber and exhausted.

....

Damon was rushing around, picking up his pants, his mind was alert and his thoughts were a mess.

"Damon." Fred ask, worried. He was woken up by all the commotion, he was now sitting up on the bed.

Damon doesn't bother to turn and look at Fred.

"Sorry Freddie, I don't have time to talk and explain, something happened at the Pierce Manor, the twins need me." Damon says

Fred looked worried. "Do you need us to go with you?" Fred ask "no it's fine Fred, just go to sleep." Damon says, forcing his shoes on his feet, standing and grabbing his coat, pausing at the door, turning at a worried Fred.

"Don't worry Fred....I'll be fine, tell George sorry that I left without saying goodbye." Damon says "yeah of course." George says

....

Pierce manor.

Damon was pacing. "How did this happen." Damon ask, they stare down at the dead bodies of Elena and Alaric.

Stefan, Katherine, Caroline and Bonnie were crying. The others weren't here yet.

"I-I went to the kitchen to make us some hot chocolate when suddenly I heard a two screams and I automatically raced up and I hear the window slam shut, I found them both bleeding on the floor." Katherine says, her voice shaky. She was shaking.

"This can't be happening." Caroline says, sobbing even louder.

Damon sighs, walking over to Caroline, grabbing her hands to stop her from pulling at her hair. His own heart was racing, feeling the deaths of two of his closets friends.

"Calm down Care, we need to think rational right now, we'll cry later." Damon soothes

"But It hurts so much. I-I can't Damon!" Caroline sobs

"I know Care...I know." Damon says, his own eyes filling with tears. He pulls her into his arms, embracing her, he's dreading when Liz will tell Care about her sickness, she didn't need this type of heartbreak right now.

....

Klaus and the others had arrived. Klaus was in another room with Caroline, trying to soothe her crying.

"What do we do?" Kai ask, arms crossed, their deaths not yet hitting him.

"Should we call the authorities." Kol ask, his eyes slightly red, struggling on not crying.

Bonnie had a hand pressed hard against her mouth, muffling her cries. She shook off any attempt of comfort, she needed to be here.

"We can't....Alaric is a vampire hunter...if they search the home, it will expose us all." Stefan says, his eyes red, staring anywhere but the body of the girl he loved.

Alaric Pierce was a vampire hunter, he knew about the group but he knew that they would never hurt an innocent human on purpose, of course there were problems initially, but he realized they were kids and had even grew to care for them.

Forming a strong bond between Damon, who couldn't look at his body.

Alaric kept a large arrangement of weapons, some even illegal. If they searched the home....the ministry would destroy the Pierce name and halt any possible investigation that might catch the one responsible for their murders.

And it would expose the group to the world, every single one of them are unresgristered vampires. They would be executed.

It seemed brutal, but no one was fighting for the rights of vampires. So the only way to be able to live as a vampire is if your registered the moment you were turned.

"Who could've done this." Kai whispers

"Someone who didn't want competition." Damon says "competition? What do you mean." Stefan ask

"The Pierce family are extremely powerful, many hated them for that power, the ministry, my family, Voldemort, you name it guys, they are rich and they have the love of the common people." Damon says

"....oh god." Kol breaths

"What?" Kai ask "it's Voldemort, I mean no one is going to lift a single finger without him knowing or ordering it, not the ministry, not the Malfoy's, not anyone who wants the Pierces gone, and maybe he knew they were hunters, I mean Damon, you are practically his pet, he enjoys your vampirism, you told us that much." Kol says

"Fuck." Damon breaths

"This is all your fault." Bonnie breaths, coming to a sudden realization.

"Bonnie." Damon whispers, he went to approached but she backs up, shaking her head in anger. "No! Fuck you Damon! Elena is dead and it's all your fault! If you hadn't joined the death eaters then none of this would've been happening!" Bonnie yells

"Bonnie, it's not his fault." Stefan tries, attempting to reach over and soothe her, but she flinches away.

"You guys are monsters, vampires are monsters! My best friend is dead because of you Damon." Bonnie whispers, her eyes wide and crazed.

Suddenly Damon gasps in pain, eyes wide and he looks down, a makeshift stake was ripped through him, luckily missing anything vital.

Bonnie had a hand up and curled, having sent the stake, her eyes filled with fury and hate.

"If I ever! See your face again! I won't miss next time!" Bonnie yells, stomping away.

Damon falls to his knees, bleeding from his mouth. Everyone runs to Damon's side.

Damon groans in pain.