Chapter 1

You walked into the bookstore one afternoon to pick up the books that were being held for you after you had finished the others the kind store owner had given to you.

You had always found it fascinating how the old television shows had been formed, what their foundation was like in the beginning, and how their characters had been created.

Each tiny detail fascinated you, so every week the kind store owner, drew, held some new exciting books for you.

He had written a few as well, and you had read those. Though you knew none of them had, or were, real to begin with, you couldn't help but imagine what it would be like to be in an ink drawn world full of wonder and mystery.

"You gonna enjoy those new books?" Drew asked you as you began heading towards the door.

You smiled and turned facing him. "Indeed I shall, they always fascinate me." You giggle a little as he smiles his little goofy smile he always did when he was well pleased.

"There is a special book included in there, just save it for last. It's your favorite!" He turned to put some more books on the shelf behind him behind the counter for the online orders that had recently come in earlier that morning.

You smiled widely. "Is it Bendy and the Ink Machine again?!"

"You'll have to wait and see little one, a little sheep, like yourself, has to be patient after all." He said turning and facing you.

The wrinkles weren't really visible when he smiled, but the old age was still there, and you could tell wisdom was behind those dark hazel brown eyes.

You nodded and turned opening the door, the little bell at the top alerting your leave. You stepped out into the cold winter morning air, the ground covered in a thick blanket of snow.

You shivered pulling your coat tighter around you with one hand, while the other held the bag with the books within it.

You stepped forwards and walked towards your house.

The busy streets of California had ceased for the day due to the several inches of snow, followed by the foot that had dropped several days ago.

The only thing running was the train which plowed through the snow like a knife through butter.

Children played on the concrete streets throwing snowballs at each-other, trying to make the best of what California had to offer during the winter months. It didn't happen often, in fact some winters were snowless and busy, the trees all lit up for Christmas.

This year was snowy with some lights, the huge Christmas tree standing in the town square as usual partially hidden by snow. Though the lights always shone as bright as ever.

You smiled to yourself as your hand reached the doorknob of your family's home.

You walked in and smelled the Christmas cookies wafting through the air, making you hungry.

You gently shut the door behind you. "Mother I'm home!" You said gently setting the bag with the books down next to the door.

You took off your coat and sat it on the coat rack where your fathers hat always hung.

Your mother came out and smiled at you. "Welcome back, was the bookstore still open?"

"Yes it was." You stomped your boots in the front rug and then took them of to dry. "The snows falling as always, and Mister Joey Drew is still open."

"That's good to hear." Your mom said setting the freshly baked Christmas cookies on the table.

You walked over and reached out to grab one, but your mom slapped your hand away. "Nuh uh, we wait till their iced."

You rolled your eyes and turned going back to the bag. You grabbed it and headed to your room.

"I'll be reading mother, tell papa not to take a single bite of cookie till I'm at the table." And with that you walked to your room.