Chapter 27

Hey! So this chap is going to be based on Dr. Senses the Grinch cuz I just finished watching it, and I find that some of the narrated lines can relate to the Zayn in our story.

So the storyline for this chapter is based on, and includes some of the narration parts from this movie!!

You may start reading now 😌

Zayn's POV
I walked through the crowd and the sound and the lights of the large Christmas party. My ears heard the thump of their joy and delights. It took me right back to my earliest years, to that lost lonely boy, who cried all those tears.

That lost lonely boy isolated and sad, with no home of his own, no mom and no dad. As I looked around, I felt downright scared, as I remembered that Christmas where nobody cared.

Where nobody showed, not even a flea, and there were no cards, no gifts, and no tree. As I watched other kids, one thing became clear, that this was the single worst day of the year.

I should be with them smiling, not slowly dying inside and my heart crying.

I should be sharing a drink with the boys and telling each other stories, not sitting alone in the corner and sulking on my knees.

And now here it was, that day once again when I felt all those feelings I felt way back when.

When I'd watch people young and old all sit down and feast, which is something I couldn't stand in the least.

Everyone smiling, laughing, having a night to remember, while I was silently on the verge of surrender.

And then they'd do something I liked least of all. Every person, tall and small, would stand close together with Christmas bells ringing. They'd stand hand in hand as everyone would start singing.

They'll sing, sing, sing, sing, sing. Yes, I couldn't recall without feeling the sting.

It used to be with my mom and sisters who sung, while we watched dad laugh with us, taking air into our lungs.

That's when I finally decided, that I could never truly be happy on Christmas Day.

Not a second goes by where I don't miss her, but there is nothing that I can do about it.

It was Christmas Eve, and the moment the clock strikes midnight, I would be out of this large place, and staring down at my mother's grave.

Sobbing as I tell her about all of my problems, telling her about how I am so close to just giving up and ending it all. And then I would tell her that I wouldn't do it. Because I know that's not what she would've wanted.

I didn't want to spend time with Chris on that day. He's great, but I need to be alone. I can't be near anyone. I need to keep up this tradition, for I'm scared that if I don't, she might be forgotten.

Not by me, of course, but just her soul in general.

This day that I hated, well, I made it be gone.

I would sit alone, replaying all the memories in my mind as I let my tears fall, praying that she would come back, even though I know that in reality she's really gone.

I keep my eyes on the gold grandfather clock, watching as the minutes slowly ticked by.

The moment that the low chime of the clock rang through the bustling room, I quickly made my way out, inhaling the cold and refreshing air as I called over a cab.

I watch the street lights fly past the window in blurs of yellow and white, my mind already buzzing with things that I would finally tell her tonight.

Once arrived at my destination, I walk confidently towards the field of headstones, already spotting the one I would be talking to for almost the rest of the cold night.

The tears already falling down my face, I stop in front of my mothers headstone, giving her a small moment of silence.

With my hands shoved deep in my pockets, I begin to start spitting out everything that I've been holding in.

All the worries and sadness just leaving momentarily, leaving me stress free as I feel the relief of finally being able to tell somebody.

I talk for hours, word after word running smoothly off of my tongue, making me wish I could talk like this anywhere else.

I was sitting with my legs crossed on the damp grass, still talking to mom freely without a care in the world, my bum starting to become numb from the coldness.

I wrap up with the same promise as every year, that I will do my best to keep fighting, for her.

I sit there, my head hanging low as I smile to myself, glad that I could finally let it all out.

The worry comes right back as a flash comes from somewhere in the darkness, making me panic and start to breath faster.

More flashes come from the sickening blackness of the sky, not even the moon daring to shine through it.

I stand up quickly, scanning my eyes through what looked like an eternity of nothingness.

"Hey! Get out of here!"

I turn my head and watch as the stranger approaches whatever was lurking deep within the abyss of darkness, causing it to run away with heavy feet in the other direction.

I turn back to the barely visible stone, underneath which lay my mothers body and soul.

I almost pass out from fear as two arms wrap around my lower abdomen, holding me close.

"Shhhh Zaynie, it's just me." They whisper in my ear.

"Harreh." I whimper, turning around in his hold and burying my face in his jacket, warmth spreading throughout my whole body.

"Do you want to finish up? And then I can bring you home."

"M' done." I mumble into the soft fabric of his jacket.

"You sure?"

"Mhm."

Through the darkness, I see yet another flash corrupt the peaceful abyss, making Harry snap his head in the direction it was the most strong.

"Cmon, let's go before the fans get more pictures and start making assumptions." He grumbles, leading me away from where I told her everything.

I'm stuck in my head, listening to my own thoughts as I trudge beside Harry, not even noticing when we arrived at Chris's house.

We give Chris a quick greeting, heading up to my room and snuggling up together under the covers.

"Do you want to watch that movie? I know that you would rather watch it alone, and I know you said your not ready to move on, but I think you should still try."

"Sure." I mumble.

I grab my MacBook from the side of the bed and open it up, enjoying the light clicking that the keys made as I type in my password.

I press play on Home Alone, and lean into Harry's side as the movie starts to play.

"I can't wait till I finally get to see her again, and be able to tell her about how happy I became. Tell her about my children, and my grandchildren, and all the tales and adventures I'd get to relive as I describe them in detail, as she watches with a huge grin."

He smiles down at me as he plays with my hair, seeming satisfied with my words.

"Love you Zaynie." He whispers in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

"L-love you too Harreh." I smile, turning my eyes back to the screen, leaning against Harry.

Heyyyyy!! Once again most of the things at the first bit of the chapter are from Dr.Seuse's The Grinch!!!

Please vote comment and follow please!!!

Have a great day!!

-Emma