Prologue

"Jordan!! Please!!"

Slap!

"Stop!! It hurts!!"

Slap!

"Did I say you could fucking talk, bitch??"

"But I-"

Slap!

"Don't fucking talk, Ally!!"

The screaming and yelling continued as well as the smacks as a young boy hid under a nearby table. His hands were over his ears, his knees to his chest, tears streaming down his face as he rocked himself back in forth, trying to tune out his father's loud yelling and his mother's screaming.

It didn't work. It was a miracle the neighbors hadn't balled CPS yet, which would have been a blessing to the young kid.

His slightly long raven hair covered his eyes as he cried, jumping when he heard another slap, making him cry harder.

"Please!! Just let me explain!!"

"I told you not. To. Fucking. Talk!!" He said, making the boy whimper before hearing gun shot a thud. His eyes widened as his small head peeked out, seeing his father on the ground and his mother with a gun standing over him, her hands shaking.

"M-momma..?" the boy stuttered out, making Ally turn to him, her gaze softening as she saw her child.

She turned back to her dead husband and gasped, dropping the gun. "Shit!" She exclaimed and bit her lip.

"What happened to papa, momma?" He asked, holding his bunny stuffed animal close to his chest.

"Nothing baby." She said, biting her lip. "We have to clean this up."

She said, walking over and bending down. "Okay, baby, momma's going to need your help. Do you know where hydrogen peroxide is? That liquid in a dark bottle that mommy uses to fix my cuts?"

The boy nodded, making Ally smile a small grin. "Good boy. Can you go get it for momma, baby?"

The boy nodded once more and walked to the bathroom, getting the small bottle of hydrogen peroxide, soon getting it back to his mom. But before they could hear anything, red and blue lights could be seen from behind the curtains and sirens could be heard.

"Fuck!" She exclaimed, starting to cry. She soon turned to Jughead and rushed to him, kneeling down.

"Momma, what's happening? Why are you crying? Who's outside?" He asked, confused.

"Momma..is going to have to go away for a bit. I need you to be strong for me, baby. Do you think you can be strong for momma?"

He nodded.

She nodded back and reached into a small drawer, pulling out a black beanie with two pins. "I was saving this for your birthday, but I want you to have it now."

She smiled sadly and out the beanie on him. "It's a bit big on you, but you'll grow into it. Remember, momma loves you and if you ever need me just hug your bunny stuffie and pretend it's me hugging you, okay?"

He nodded again as Ally wiped her tears away. "Momma loves you so very much, baby." She told the six year old, kissing his head.

"I love you too, momma." He said and soon the door was kicked open, to officers grabbing Ally by the arms and dragging her away.

"Momma loves you, baby!! Momma loves you!"

His eyes widened as he saw what was happening and tried to run after her, only to be caught by two policemen. "Momma!!" He exclaimed, having tears in his eyes.

"I love you, baby! I love you!" He heard her yell before she was shoved into a police car and driven away.

The small boy sobbed as he held his bunny close, the corpse of his father only a mere feet away. Soon a policeman kneeled in front of him.

"What's your name son?"

He sniffed and wiped his tears away, but they still came coming. "Jughead Jones." He said softly.

"Well, Jughead Jones. I'm officer Andrews, you can call me Fred. I promise to take very good care of you. Is that okay?"

Jughead looked up and gave him a single nod.

"Great, let's get going." He said as he walked out of the house, Jughead following. They soon got into their cars and all the policemen plus Jughead left the crime scene, an ambulance behind them carrying Jordan.

And that was the day, Jughead understood what the word loneliness meant. And that was also the day Jughead made a vow to never have blind faith in people.