I Thought I'd Lost You: Part Two

All the contestants stood at the bottom deck of the middle tower. Two towers surrounded filled with spectators. There was a lot of clamoring and wondering if the chosen one will actually survive.

"Welcome to the Second Task!" Dumbledore's voice boomed. "Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, lie at the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure, and return to the surface. Simple enough. But, Except for this, they will have but one hour to do so."

Moody nudged Harry hardly and told him to put the Gillyweed into his mouth. Harry followed, but started choking vigorously.

"... And one hour only, after that be on their own." Dumbledore continued. "No magic will save them." and Moody slapped Harry's back, trying to reduce the choking but Harry failed to not.

"... You will begin at the start of the cannon." and the cannon went off on cue. Fleur, Cedric, and Krum dove in, in a uniform manner. While Harry had to be pushed in by Moody.

The second Harry fell below the surface, he felt as if there was an eternal force suffocating him by grasping his neck. He grabbed at his neck vigorously and tried to remove that force and started screaming, but that subsided, once he felt... gills? He felt gills! He looked at his feet to see that they had been turned into flippers! And his hands webbed.

No movement was visible from the surface. "What's the matter with him?" Seamus asked Dean. "I dunno, I can't see." Dean replied staring into the water. Watching their conversation, Neville turned away from the water in disbelief.

"Oh no! I've killed Harry Potter!" Neville cried. And as if one cue, Harry swam with force and jumped above the surface, doing a somersault, and everyone cheered and Neville was relieved.

Harry swam fast, but slow enough to explore his surroundings and to watch out for oncoming attacks. The place looked pretty skeptical. Soon, he arrived at a huge kelp forest which he assumed to be The Grindylows. He looked around and caught glimpses of shiny pale blue fabric which he used to identify that Fleur Delacour was there. Suddenly, he saw a flash of mustard yellow tails, or... tentacles? And Fleur had vanished.

He thought that Fleur had already made it past! No time to lose. Cedric and Kum would follow suit any second! He swam fast, brushing off the locks of seaweed getting him tangled. He pushed the last of the kelp out of the way and he saw what he had never seen before!

Merpeople! He was astonished.