I Thought I'd Lost You: Part Three

There was a whole civilization there! But something in particular caught his eye. Four people being strung up: all four of them guarded. He swam closer to get a better look and was immediately horrified to see Hermione there. He darted close to her face and touched her cheek.

"Hermione..." Then, he looked at the others. Ron, Cho, and Gabrielle (Fleur's younger sister.) He united Hermione and pulled her with him to Ron, and started untying him. But then, a swarm of mermaids surrounded him and put a trident to his neck.

"But she's my friend too!" he cried. "Only one!" the mermaid hissed. Before he could blink all the mermaids swam away from fear after looking at something. He turned to see Krum... with a shark head? He stopped in front of Harry and Harry handed Hermione over. He wanted her to be safe, and Krum would do that. He would get her up sooner. Krum took Hermione and left.

Following his action, Cedric swam in and untied Cho, looked at Harry and tapped his own watch with his wand reminding Harry that their time was almost up. Harry nodded and grabbed onto Ron. He was about to leave when he saw that Gabrielle was still trapped. She looked around but no sign of Fleur. He quickly zapped Gabrielle's rope while going to her. He knew he only had little time before the merpeople noticed so he swam with all his strength but...

The Gillyweed! It was wearing off! He looked at his hands to see the webs receding. His flippers were becoming shorter too, and his gills were disappearing. He just couldn't make it. Before he could plan a course of action a swarm of squids attacked him. He had no choice but to let them go, and he did as Ron and Gabrielle floated to the top.

At the surface: Ron and Gabrielle emerged from the water and Ron helped Gabrielle swim to the decks where everyone was. Fleur was looking worried and scared but as soon as she saw her sister her expression changed to relief. She ran over to the edge and called out to her.

"Viens! Viens! Allez! C'est fini dans le tournament!" She helped her sister up.

Below the water: Harry quickly thought and zapped all the squids. He was about to give up but then he thought about Hermione.