The Mina Situation

Prompt: Twinnie rulesthegalaxy put me up to this. This was us clowning around when news of a potential Smart M&G came up. As usual, this is a manifestation of my imagination. Of course, I wouldn't complain if this actually happens irl🤪

***

Beep beep beep

Two groans filled the cosy little bedroom as the alarm continued beeping next to them.

Beep beep beep. Ringggg

This time, their phones began to ring along with the glaring sound of the alarm, much to the annoyance of the two sleeping beauties.

"Bin...Get the alar-"

"Why is it rin-"

With a collective gasp, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin shot up from their perfectly warm and comfy bed and looked at each other with widened eyes.

"It's today?!"

What's today? Before we continue, we need to go way back to the previous month.

***

One month back

Both Ye Jin and Hyun Bin just got off the phone with their managers. One Zoom call later with the people involved, a date was set for the Meet & Greet for Smart Communications. Ye Jin and Hyun Bin were aware of their status in the binjin world and were feeling a tad bit nervous for the M&G.

Baeksang was tough enough at it is. It was incredibly difficult for the couple to act as though they were nothing more than mere "close friends" when all they wanted to do was laugh together and talk freely. In fact, they were so nervous that day that Ye Jin was blinking way too many times and Hyun Bin was way too stiff.

Now...a fan meeting? That's a tough one to crack. Ye Jin and Hyun Bin knew they had to be natural around their fans who have probably known them for years now. Every little gesture will be picked up by the eagle eyes of their beloved fans. They will have to take extra measures to keep their little arrangement under wraps. 

"We can use separate laptops. It will be easier when we aren't together right?" Ye Jin suggested.

Hyun Bin puffed out his cheeks at the suggestion. It made perfect sense but a part of him ached at being apart from his fiancé even if it's for a few hours. Ever since he got back from Jordon, the two lovebirds have rarely been apart. Most days were spent together in the comfort of Ye Jin's home or rather their home.

A quick discussion later, they agreed that Hyun Bin will go down to VAST to do the M&G from his office while Ye Jin stayed at home. This was for the best.

***

Back to the present

"Bin...you were supposed to be down at VAST an hour ago!" Ye Jin exclaimed after she grabbed the alarm clock that has been beeping incessantly.

Hyun Bin's eyes were wide as he tried to process everything. He was still groggy from sleep and the weird mixture of sounds wasn't doing anything for his nerves. They need a Plan B asap!

Running his hands through his hair in frustration, Hyun Bin finally reached out to grab his phone and the room was engulfed in blissful silence again. Well blissful but nerve-wracking.

As expected, Hyun Bin's manager was screaming at him over the phone. Both sides were panicking when Hyun Bin didn't show up as discussed, and the M&G was half an hour away. Hyun Bin began pacing as Ye Jin watched him, both trying to think of a Plan B that would work.

"Love? We don't have another choice. I'll be in the living room and you'll be in the study. Nobody has seen the study after we revamped it. No one will suspect anything." Ye Jin broke through the tense discussion.

"You're right as always, love. Let's get ready." Hyun Bin sighed.

The couple began preparing for the M&G and Plan B seems to be going smoothly as they were all set for the fan meet.

Everything was going well. Much to the disappointment of their fans, their ultimate favourites appeared to be in different locations. The usual pink bubble was there but muted as they smiled and answered the hilarious and philosophical questions posted by their fans. Ye Jin and Hyun Bin felt more relaxed as the M&G went on and they were relieved they wouldn't be making headlines this time.

This is where things got tricky. Both of them have been so busy with their M&G after oversleeping that they conveniently forgot to feed their precious baby, Mina. Poor Mina was now scuffling around and yipping softly, trying to get the attention of one of her parents. When the usual sounds of footsteps never appeared, Mina decided to look for them.

Ye Jin was Mina's first target but she was in the middle of answering a philosophical question and didn't pay much attention to Mina as she climbed over her feet. Ye Jin simply smiled down at Mina and gave her little one a pat on her head. Letting out a frustrated yip, Mina decided to look for target number two, her appa.

As if the world wants to expose them, Hyun Bin had forgotten to close the tiny flap they made for Mina on the door to the study. Mina easily manoeuvred her way through her doggy flap and snuck into the study.

Hyun Bin was simply staring at his love through the screen as she talked passionately about her definition of beauty; already sending heart eyes through the screen. He can't wait for this to end so that he can hug her and show her how beautiful she is.

Mina was quiet at first as she pawed at her appa's leg, but the man was too deep in his own world that involved Ye Jin and only Ye Jin that he didn't feel it. It seems like that was the last straw for poor hungry Mina. She rarely jumped on furniture but this time, she jumped on a short stool and onto Hyun Bin's lap, successfully capturing her appa's attention.

With widened eyes, Hyun Bin looked at Mina and back at the screen, wondering if any of that was caught. Angry barks can be heard from Hyun Bin's side and fans never missed Ye Jin's eyes widening as well. They all saw it. They saw a flash of white from the corner of Hyun Bin's screen and the barks confirmed a theory that fans have been speculating for ages now. Ye Jin was quick to school her features but Hyun Bin was still very much in shock.

"Hush..M...girl." Hyun Bin tried to calm their little dear.

After a minute of Mina barking, Hyun Bin finally realised what she wanted and excused himself from the meeting. Muting his mic and turning off his webcam, Hyun Bin made a run for it. Thankfully, Mina has stopped barking now and Hyun Bin made his way to the kitchen easily.

Ye Jin tried her hardest not to look at her love when he walked past her in the living room, but she was a little worried for Mina. Mina has always been an angel. She would never bark like that unless something was wrong. Her eyes might have flitted over to her side subconsciously before it landed back on the screen.

With Mina well taken care of, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin were evidently tenser for the remainder of the meeting. Meanwhile, SNS platforms were going crazy as fans began sharing details of the meeting and their saving grace of an interruption. Pictures of the white tuff of fur at the corner of Hyun Bin's screen and Ye Jin's reactions circulated the net.

Omo, is that Mina? There was a bark too! Don't tell me Hyun Bin got a dog too!

Ye Jin was shocked too! That must mean something right? Is someone going to be in the doghouse tonight? :)

HAHAHA Mina our sweet saviour. Thanks for the buffet! The drought was real but now we are well fed.

ICBM!

When the meeting ended, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin ran out of their respective rooms, their hearts racing from the Mina situation. They both knew that they are screwed!

Oh, Mina!