𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 | 𝐒 𝐄 𝐂 𝐑 𝐄 𝐓 𝐒 𝐎 𝐔 𝐓

CW | MENTIONS OF VIOLENCE

E L A R A

"Your brother is in a pissy mood." Rowan scoffs as he sits at the Slytherin table. "He always is," I reply while rolling my eyes. Draco doesn't know everything that I have done to protect him, so he acts like every little punishment Lucius gives is major.

If only he knew.

"Not you too." Rowan groans. "Sorry I just hate when Draco is mad, it's annoying," I reply before taking a bite of bread.

Draco is refusing to tell me what is wrong, and I've been trying for ten minutes now. "Just leave me alone Elara!" He snaps. I take a step back, slightly hurt but not showing it.

"Father has been tough on me the past week I'm just stressed." I scoff at his words. "Draco you have no idea what tough Lucius is like," I reply in an irritated tone. "Try me." Draco seethes.

I blink roughly to keep the tears away. At this point, our yelling has attracted a small crowd 'hiding' around the corner. "Not here Draco," I say in a low voice. The look in his eyes begins to look like Lucius.

"No, go ahead Elara. What has father done to you that is so bad." Tears brim my eyes at his words. "Draco-" "Go on Elara! Tell me!" He yells.

"You really think a few harsh words are the worst Lucius Malfoy can do? Draco I have protected you since the day you were born! You really want to know what I have done to keep you bruise and physical trauma-free? Every time you made him mad, I told him to take it out on me rather than you. But after a while, that wasn't enough, so in order to keep you safe from you know what, I've had to give up everything I have. And I mean everything."

At this point, angry tears are streaming down my face. I told myself that I would never tell Draco about the abuse. I cover my mouth once realizing what I confessed to. "Elara-" "No- I- I can't." I run off to try and keep the sad tears from falling with the angry ones.

Once those tears begin they don't stop for hours. That's why I never let anyone see me, it doesn't help that it makes me appear weak.

"Elara."

"Not now Weasley." I sniffle. "Wow, just the last name," Fred says trying to lighten the mood. "I'm really sorry abo-" "Don't pity me, Fred. I don't want to be known as the girl abused by her father." I reply before quickly wiping my tears.

"I wasn't trying to pity you Elara."

"Why are you even here Fred?" I ask in a harsh tone. "After what just happened I thought maybe you would want someone to talk to." He replies, reaching for my hand but I pull away.

"We aren't dating Fred. You don't have to pretend to care about me." I reply in a stern voice. "Elara-" "Just forget it, Fred, I should get to my common room." I wipe my eyes and nose before walking in the direction of the Slytherin common room, leaving Fred standing in the middle of a hall.