I Had To Be Good At Something

Based on Film "X+Y"

Syd: This happened to Midoriya. This is unknown to Bakugo but while in junior high, he was also studying at a university. His incredible skills in mathematics caught the attention of many bored professors. So they let him attend his night classes after he got out of school.

Everyone felt their jaws drop, for as much as he slipped up in math they were surprised to see him be so smart. Yet, they always assumed too fast.

Kaminari: Woah! So he has like... a degree and shit?

Nezu: Language. And I'd assume so, otherwise, it would've been nonprofitable on Midoriya's end.

Momo couldn't lie, she wasn't shocked. It was always him and her raising their hands. Who cares if he messed up, so did she. They were humans, literal high schoolers for that matter.

Todoroki: Well, that doesn't explain his occasional mistakes. Shouldn't he have already nailed the curriculum?

Aizawa: You all are idiots. Have you ever seen how fast he works?

Present Mic: I have to admit, that boy makes the mistakes he does because his mind works so fast, when he gets it onto paper he already has finished the problem in his head.

Aizawa: ... I'm going to bed

All Might: Young Midoriya must be very talented!

Bakugo couldn't hold back a laugh. Of course, he earned multiple glares but Monoma was on the same boat.

Mina: Assholes

Bakugo: Huh! Who said that!

Nobody: ...
Not a breathing soul:...
Mina: Me you rude mother —

Syd: Alright shut up and watch.

-

There stood a professor, holding a playing card. He was pacing the aisle as he spoke to his students: "20 random cards are placed in a row, all faced down. A move consists of turning a face-down card face up, and turning over the card immediately to the right."

-

Everyone except Nezu: I have no idea what he's talking about

Nezu: What an interesting exercise...

-

"Show that no matter what, that the choice of cards to turn... this sequence of moves must terminate."

The professor made his way to the front of the room, turning around as he shouted, no one could tell if he was curious, excited, or bored.

"Midoriya! Hiding in the back won't help you. Would you like to come up and show us?"

No one really glances back in a teasing manner, but rather out of curiosity.
This was weird for them, a junior high student, in a college. The teacher seemed genuine, wanting to draw out Midoriya's true potential.

It showed a younger visual of the kid. Unnaturally skinny, cracked lips and slight eye-bags with a touch of dark circles. His hair was more disheveled than usual and his arms and hands were wrapped in bandages, his neck also wrapped. They could see the light caught certain areas of his face to reveal sections where he applied makeup.

-

Aizawa: Problem child... what happened...?

Uraraka: He looks so...

Iida: Exhausted

Kirishima: Bakugo, do you know why he has so many bandages? Did he get into an accident?