The accident

Ah, it's Monday. I hate Mondays!

I live in an old 15th century farmhouse in Mont, in the Ardennes, near Houffalize.

It's an old shale stone building, rectangular with a small stone bench in front. Blue stones are used as pavement and the whole is rather pretty. The front part is a dwelling and the back is a huge barn. My father restored it.

During the Second World War, the Germans even hid a Tiger tank. It's been stashed away ever since, bathed in grease. I occasionally run the engine and I still have the original gun which was originally an anti-aircraft gun and I replaced it with a dummy tube. We take it out from time to time at conventions and re-enactments of the Battle of the Bulge in Bastogne.

My parents live in the city in a beautiful house. It's easier for them with all the amenities, shops nearby, public transport and even a doctor who lives across the street.

My name is Victor Ghram and I am 26 years old. I have finished my higher education and I work as an electrician in the industry. I am self-employed, single.

Routine, breakfast, bowl of milk from a jug which I fetch from the neighbouring farmer. Life here is peaceful and pleasant. We help each other in the village, which has only 70 inhabitants, excluding children. In the evening at 10pm, the lights go out and it is REALLY dark. It is one of the few places where you can still see the stars and the Milky Way.

BEEP BEEP, The transporter arrives with a pallet of wires. It's heavy and weighs almost a ton.

KRRR KRRR. Shit, my forklift has broken down, it must be the patina screws on the delco. it finally gave up the ghost.

so we'll unload by hand with a pallet truck. The trucker, sure of himself, takes his pallet truck and straddles it in the pallet. He's obviously in a hurry. I offer him a cup of coffee, but he's obviously in a hurry and excited.

The rear lift of the truck is too inclined and the road slopes. He's going to get dragged down I tell him!

"GEEN PROBLEEM! "he says.

The pallet rolls off the truck and starts to accelerate.

Shit, I jump on the pallet truck and press the brake, but in the process my shoulder gets a bit loose. I didn't feel anything at the time but in the evening, in the evening!

ARRRRGGHH, I can't move my arm!

What am I going to do now? AH AH, the anti-inflammatories don't work!

----------

Tum tudum tu tum...Lah lah lahh. Sings Igor the doctor.

Honey, are you coming to eat? The meal is almost ready!

Well, this is the Bearded Dragon marrow tag and the bee venom tag.

PItititi, come here, here's a cricket. Oh I love this terrarium.

Honey, did you see the beautiful stone I put to decorate the terrarium. They're fossils. It looks like the jawbone of an archaeopteryx or a pterodactyl. I got it for almost nothing on the black market. And the bottom plate is an amber dinosaur cup. These are amber plates with fossils in them but they have the distinction of keeping the genes. Who knows? Maybe the pogona will become a dinosaur again! HAHAHA

Igor, stop dreaming. With all your experiments you're going to get us into trouble one day.

No, I'm just trying to make our lizard even smarter. Look how I trained him.

Stop it with that beast, leave it alone and come and eat! You're really starting to piss me off with your nonsense!

Hey, you're not going to start again, ..

TChack

Shit, I spilled the bottles! Well, the blue label on the green one and the red one on the blue one.

Hey honey, I got some mutagen and look at the result!

Igor, please, change the record, you're tiring me out. Come here and help me set the table instead!

----------------------------------

On Tuesday (Tuesday as I call them), I go to Igor, my doctor.

So, Victor, what's wrong?

My shoulder, I think I have something.

Have you tried anti-inflammatories?

Yes, so many that my stomach hurts!

Yes, I see, I see,

Yes, I have a bee venom treatment. It's great for osteoarthritis and it's natural. Just don't be allergic.

Okay, let's try the cuticle test.

After a few moments, no reaction.

Your terrarium is beautiful!

Ah, yes, it's my pride and joy!

Say, Igor, I noticed that your lizard is nibbling on the amber and the fossils. Did you forget some calcium? They need it!

Oh, no, thank God you told me.

Yes, it doesn't look good, it might have an occlusion or swallowed a piece of fossil, you should check it too. HAHAHAHA

Yes, yes, Doctor Pogona!

STICK!

Ah, you're sticking it in deep.

Yes, it should de-inflame the cartilage and not come into contact with the skin, that would be more painful.

Yes, but it burns inside.

Victor, stop being childish!

Yes, but it really burns.

Then Igor turns pale!

(Shit, I injected the mutagenic marrow!!! MEEEEEEERRRRDE, well an antibiotic and an infiltration and it should be fine).

Victor, it's over, take an antibiotic and some rest and everything should be fine.

---------------------

I go home, relieved but groggy. My eyes are watering and my head is spinning.

I have a sandwich, my appetite increased tenfold, then a shower and finally I go to bed.

I fall asleep and then have a strange dream, there are lots of spider webs in the basement, but the webs are huge. No spiders, then a little girl in white smiles at me. A ghost? then I wake up all sweaty and my arm is heavy.

Unusually heavy.

DEAR FRIENDS READERS, I WISH TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THIS STORY. I AM NOT AN AUTHOR AND THIS IS REALLY MY FIRST BOOK IN FRENCH

PLEASE, ANY COMMENT IS WELCOME. I LOVE DRAGONS AND I GUESS YOU DO TOO IF YOU READ THIS ARTICLE.

THE ORIGINALITY OF WATTPAD ALLOWS INTERACTION BETWEEN THE READER AND THE AUTHOR. DON'T MISS OUT.

If you have any arcs or scenarios to suggest, I would be more than happy to make them happen for Victor.

I'M NOT AGAINST CROSS-OVER, I.E. CHARACTERS FROM OTHER AUTHORS THAT WE MEET. FOR EXAMPLE OUR DRAGON WOULD MEET ANOTHER DRAGON TRANSFORMED IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, BY ANOTHER AUTHOR!

DON'T FORGET TO SHARE THIS STORY AND A LITTLE VOTE WOULD BE ENCOURAGING. THANK YOU AND ENJOY THE READING.