Part I: Grell

Grell was sitting in his room, alone. He was starting down at the small, sharp knife in his hand before he brought it to his arm. He cut once, twice, blood oozing from the cuts, before he heard the thundering voice of his father call for him. He flinched, hiding the knife under his pillow again. He rolled down the sleeve of his oversized sweater and went downstairs, his gaze fixed to the ground. He knew what was coming.

Once he reached the bottom of the stairs and made his way into the kitchen, his father shot him a glare. "Mind explaining to me why I'm getting complains about you trying to flirt with another guy at school?!" his father asked. "I-I'm sorry f-father-" he whispered. He bit back tears that threatened to escape his eyes as he remembered.

He had tried to ask a boy out. A person he had always gotten along with well and whom he had been having a crush on for years. Someone he had trusted. However, the other had screamed at him, insulted him and called him disgusting. It had hurt him deeply. Now the whole school knew about it. And his father, who now smacked him hard across the face. His cheek stung, and he felt the tears break free. "Go to your room, you disgrace. You're not going to get anything for dinner tonight. Stay in your room and think about what you've done!" His father screamed and he just nodded, running off, back to his room, throwing himself onto his bed and cried himself to sleep, curled up, feeling cold, lonely, and broken...