Part I: Undertaker

PS. I'll call him Allen for this one. It's not his real name, not is any of this book canon in any way, other than the fact that they committed suicide and became reapers.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Allen was sitting at the table with his mother and stepfather, eating dinner. He was quiet, as always. He felt the tension in the air and his mother eventually got up, leaving for her night-shift, gently petting his head and kissing his forehead as she left. He looked after her for a moment and sighed softly, hoping she would be okay. It was storming outside and people usually got reckless around this time.

He too eventually got up, doing the dishes before going to his room. He then heard a loud scream outside and he looked outside. The dark, unlit streets made it impossible to see anything so he got dressed went outside to check. He came over to see a bunch of people standing in a crowd, some scattered away, scared.

When he got through, he couldn't believe his eyes. He ran over to his mother's body, panicking. She had a large wound on her stomach, blood gushing from the wound. "Mom. Mom hold on!" He begged, tears prickling at his eyes as he tried to stop the bleeding. She lifted a weak, bloody hand to his cheek, smiling at him. "Be strong- my son. I- love you-" she said in her dying breath. Her hand dropped down and Allen was trembling, crying, begging for her not to leave him, but it was too late.

He carefully closed her eyes, holding her tightly. He swore to himself that he would make the person who had done this to her pay in blood...