The Werehog's Origin

In the morning, Cream was curious of why Sonic hates Christmas. So, she decided to go to the orphanage to get information about his childhood experience.

Nanny: Oh, hello there, sweetie. Are you here because you lost your way home?
Cream: No, I'm here because I was hoping you might help me answer some questions that I have about the Werehog.
Nanny: Well of course. Please, come inside.
Cream:(Went inside) For my first question, how did the Werehog ended up in the orphanage?
Nanny: Well, he did have parents of his own, but they both died in an accident, and his real name is Sonic.
Cream: Are his parents Werehogs too?
Nanny: Why yes, his parents always love celebrating Christmas.
Cream: Did he started to hate Christmas when he came to the orphanage?
Nanny: Actually no, he still love Christmas while he was at the orphanage, but on Christmas Eve, he started to get pretty angry and ran off saying he hates Christmas. I never heard of him again, until I heard he started to scare Mobians who comes to visit his cave.
Cream: Is there someone else who knows about his childhood experience?
Nanny: Well, you could ask Mayor Drago and Sally. I heard they use to be classmates at school.
Cream: OK, thank you. Merry Christmas.

After Cream left the orphanage, she went to Drago's house to continue her research about Sonic's childhood experience.

Cream: Sorry to interrupt you Mayor Drago, but I heard that you use to be classmates with the Werehog, which in case his real name is Sonic. Can you tell me a little bit about him?
Drago: Well of course. Sit down please.
Cream:(Sat down)
Drago: I never like, Sonic. He was always so different around the other kids and he's a hedgehog who is half werewolf. So, I nicknamed him Werehog.
Cream: Oh, so that's how he got the name, Werehog. Do you know why he started to hate Christmas?
Drago: Well, all I know is that when return to school after winter break, he stopped going to school. But if want to find more information, you could ask Sally my girlfriend because the Werehog always had his eyes on her.
Cream: OK, thank you.

Cream then went to Sally's house, hopping to get all the information she needs to know about Sonic's childhood experience.

Cream: Hello, Aunt Sally, I heard that you use to be classmates with the Werehog, also known as Sonic, at school. Can you tell me why he started to hate Christmas?
Sally: Of course, come in.
Cream:(Came inside)
Sally: Me and Sonic were best friends in school, and we always decorated the Christmas tree.
Cream: Wow, did you...
Sally: Have a crush on Sonic the Werehog? Of course not.
Cream: No, that's not what I was going to ask you.
Sally: Oh, then what were you going to ask me?
Cream: How did Sonic started to hate Christmas?
Sally: Well I heard that all of the kids at the orphanage got adopted, but Sonic didn't and he started to feel so lonely at Christmas even though Nanny was there for him. So, my parents and I decided to invite him to our Christmas Eve party, but when we arrived, he was no longer there and Nanny told us that he ran away saying he hates Christmas. (Starts Crying) And that was that last time I saw his good side.
Cream: I'm sorry, Aunt Sally. (Hugs Sally)
Sally: It's OK, besides it's good to remember that good times. Now since you're here, I'll bake you some of my delicious cookies.
Cream: Thank you, Aunt Sally.

After Cream left Sally's house, she started to be very upset to learn that the real reason Sonic hates Christmas is because he started to be alone on Christmas since he was a kid. That's when she realized that Christmas is all about giving and being with family. So, she decided to the people in Mobotropolise what Christmas really is all about. Cream thought for a moment, until she remembered that tomorrow night is the Christmas Eve party.

Cream: That's it! I'll invite the Werehog to the Christmas Eve party! That way, people would know what Christmas really is all about, and maybe the Werehog won't feel alone and hate Christmas anymore. Oh, I can't wait for my plan to work! (Ran back home with joy.)