🌸9🌸 (bonus chapter!)

|TAEHYUNG|

9:00 PM

Two years have passed and I no longer visit the park at 9:00 every night like I used to because there was no reason for me to visit it, when I sit on the bench and looked over at the bridge instead of filling with happiness my heart would only overflow with sadness and regret as my muse was no longer there, the woman no longer went to the park and stood on the bridge gazing into the river with a wide smile plastered across her face as she was dead and there was nothing I could have done about it.

She was gone.

The last time I visited the park was on the one year anniversary of the woman's death. That was also the time I published my story. Despite the woman's death I still used her as my muse in my story I wouldn't dare use anyone or anything else.

After the death of the woman I went into a long slump, in which I refused to go anywhere or do anything. When I got over this slump I gathered up enough power to write my story which I then published and to my surprise it became a big hit. Despite the success of my story I was unhappy the reason behind my unhappiness was the woman's death, I don't think I'll ever be able to get over it.

This was the second year anniversary of the woman's death and like the last year, this year I chose to visit the park at 9:00 PM.

The night was gloomy. It was one of those nights where you would feel sad for no reason, but I had a reason.

I slowly made my way over to the park and as I did so I began to feel as if my body was heavy, as if I were carrying a large weight and it was slowing me down.

Upon my arrival to the park I lit a small candle and without a choice, with no other alternative I sit under the shimmering moonlight and I wrote a letter to the moon as the world has stripped me of what I had, that woman. The moon was the closest thing I could get to her, although it was not as bright and as beautiful as she was it was a great substitute.

Hours pass by and the moon begins to fall asleep.

While I was writing my letter there was a nameless bird in the park hidden somewhere in the cherry blossom trees, it was singing a sorrowful tune and I think to myself where are you? Why are you crying? There is only me and you here. Finishing my letter I then lit it on fire using the candle this way my letter, the ashes and smoke would make its way to the moon by the help of the wind.

After I was totally sure that my letter made its way to the moon I then make my way back home.

On my way back home the people walking in front of me seem so busy to me as if I'm way behind and the whole world is way in front of me. I feel like if I can't take another footstep for some reason it feels too hard for me to do so, like if I can't seem to bring myself to do it.

I finally make my way back to my house, laid on my bed and again I think that it is my fault.

It is my fault she died, if only I went earlier I would have probably been able to stop her.

Will my thoughts ever change?

No. it probably won't but today ends and I say to myself like before.

"I still wonder what beautiful story was held behind that happy smile, I still wonder what next story was held behind those sad cries, I wanted to make you mine".