───── 三

Chapter Three

A  girl who looked to be around the age of twenty, strode throughout a village; her steps were quiet that barely made any noise as her feet hit the ground

A  girl who looked to be around the age of twenty, strode throughout a village; her steps were quiet that barely made any noise as her feet hit the ground. She was almost out of the village, when she paused and turned around. Her long blonde hair swishing in a regal manner around her; almost like a halo.

Hah, how ironic.

Her hands dropped to her sides as she halted at the beginning of the forest. Her golden eyes flicked around in the darkness before they landed on a shape that didn't seem to be human-the aura wasn't at least.

Her hand raised to her chin with her other arm supporting it. 

As she hummed a tune, a smile graced her lips. 

The demon slowly turned around and a hideous face greeted her ─ cracking skin and lips, both covered in blood. The demon's nails were even longer than hers and broke at the ends. The hair was cut jaggedly and seemed to be falling out in some places. 

The demon was freakishly ugly.

She gave the demon an apathetic smile. 

"Poor thing," she knelt down, her voice gracing the demon's ears. The demon shivered in fear and started crawling backwards; desperately wanting to escape from the lady. "Oh my" ─ she practically laughed ─ "what seems to be the matter, dear?"

The demon's eyes were trembling.

"Oh, how rude of me, call me Kasai," the fair lady smiled; the tips of her teeth peering out. "Now," she began again ─ not even caring that the demon was shaking too hard to even respond ─ "I would ask for your name, but I don't think we have the time; after all, the demon slayer corps might be here any minute, right?"

"Wh─what?"

"Oh, poor thing," Kasai murmured, "are you afraid?"